Third Time's the Charm LJ

I say keep the MTRs, you still have the VW for daily duty. You already wheel the hell out of the tj, I'm excited to see what you do with some wheelbase and a flatter tummy

Tonellin date=1457972371 said:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f149/rubicon-fender-flares-tj-3666633/
Damn I wish I could buy those at the moment, but the jetta needs a new exhaust, tires, and a little body work

Aren't your MTRs 35s? I do not trust Duratracs after annihilating a sidewall on one. They are nice for a DD/light wheeler, but anything past light wheeling I would not recommend.

Rucas said:
Aren't your MTRs 35s? I do not trust Duratracs after annihilating a sidewall on one. They are nice for a DD/light wheeler, but anything past light wheeling I would not recommend.

I'll agree with this. Rucas didn't even really run it across anything sharp, he pretty much tore the sidewall. Whereas the same trip I ran the sidewall of one of my MTR's into some very sharp rocks, when I got out to inspect the damage, there was almost no evidence I had even touched em.

Mulvihill64 said:
I'll agree with this. Rucas didn't even really run it across anything sharp, he pretty much tore the sidewall. Whereas the same trip I ran the sidewall of one of my MTR's into some very sharp rocks, when I got out to inspect the damage, there was almost no evidence I had even touched em.

At the same time I had a random sidewall rip about 2" in my MTR. Still wondering how it happened..

Moabrubi said:
And we've all seen pictures of my MTR's yet somehow I still haven't gotten a flat.  [laugh]

Mine have had so many nails in em, if I'd left them in they could be considered studded by now. And I've never gotten a flat.

janesy date=1458055548 said:
At the same time I had a random sidewall rip about 2" in my MTR. Still wondering how it happened..

My tire tried to wrinkle up and the sidewall ripped. It wasn't punctured. Could just be a radial thing. The bias ply tires wrinkle better with how the cords are wrapped. Or it could be a fluke.

janesy date=1458055548 said:
I did this same thing in my MTR.  Didnt notice it and drove another 500 miles before it gave out.  

Mulvihill64 date=1458057423 said:
Mine have had so many nails in em, if I'd left them in they could be considered studded by now. And I've never gotten a flat.
Your neighborhood is the place I'd imagine the road being littered with sharp objects. Just sayin

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine