Tires

Sundowner said:
How about a Dynapro AT?  I just looked at one of those, and it's not a bad pattern at all.
I ran some of these on several unmarked police SUV's (non pursuit) and the guys loved them. That's one I forgot to look at. Old age is causing CRS.

I just picked up a set of Cooper AT3 4S. It's a new tire. Supposed to be stellar in snow / ice / rain. I should have them mounted today or tomorrow for the useless "they look nice" review.  😀 

NWexplorer said:
I just picked up a set of Cooper AT3 4S. It's a new tire. Supposed to be stellar in snow / ice / rain. I should have them mounted today or tomorrow for the useless "they look nice" review.  😀
Can't beat the 45 day guarentee

Am in need of tars as well. Contemplating the grabber AT2, Falken AT3W(bandwagon), and dynapro atm. Though I agree with sundowner that unless I'm running tons of dirt and closer to 50/50 on/off-road, it doesn't make a ton of sense to get an aggressive tire. I currently have destination LE2's on the xj and they do fine. I've have cooper ht's as well and they did decent in snow and mud. I ran those half used through Uwharrie and the only issue I had was open diffs.  😀 The LE2 does well currently. I might look into getting something similar as I have no immediate plan to majorly offroad and/or lift this turd anytime soon.

I just got the AT3Ws and like them so far, but I only have 1k miles on them so I can't really say much. The Cooper AT3 is pretty decent, but clogs up in mud and snow. I agree with not needing crazy aggressive tread to get through the occasional slippery scenario. I've made it through on bald highway terrains and they've gotten me further than they should have. 

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine