Weekend Warrior XJ

kingpin1094

I've always liked the way the XJ looked but after getting to drive and play with one I decided I needed to have my own.  After some searching and looking at a couple I finally found one that I liked.  2000 Jeep Cherokee Classic with 188,000 miles.  I know the miles are kinda high but the truck is so clean with almost no rust and the interior is gorgeous. 

3xxUxwv.jpg

Now for the build...

The truck is going to be a weekend warrior, but I wanted it to have a good platform for the future if I want to get crazy.  I wanted a truck that would flex well, ride nicely, run a 33" tire.  I have also never been one to just buy a complete kit from a company.  I have great fun researching each individual component trying to create my own kit that is more specialized for my needs.

Front:
CavFab Alpha Series long arm kit
IRO HD track bar
RE 4.5" springs
Chevy 2500 brake lines
Bilstein B8 5100 11.5" Travel shocks
Rough Country Sway bar disconnects

Rear:
OME 3" leaves
Custom shackle relo brackets
1-1.5" lift shackle
IRO H&T SYE with an XJ front driveshaft
1991 dodge dakota rear line
Bilstein B8 5100 10" travel shocks

Wheels/Tires:
The wheels are the stock wheels that came with the truck, I had to add a 5/16 spacer to the back to clear the leaves
Yokohama Geolander M/T+ 285/75/16 - I didn't initially want mud tires for a DD, but these tires were on clearance and I got 4 of them for $466 so I couldn't say no.

Some before and after and flex pics

nurNqbn.jpg

RtjXdkc.jpg

Kwuheof.jpg

T8AJ3eF.jpg

dmfb16B.jpg

Final thoughts:
I have taken it offroading a few times and I love the way the truck performs offroad, as well as how it feels on the road.  I had to trim he plastic corners of the front bumpers a little, and the next thing I want to do is add a 1" wheel spacer on all 4 corners so the tires up front stop rubbing my sway bar links when i turn.  I also need to actually measure for bumpstops and get them installed.  Other than that I am very happy with how it looks, how it performs, and I managed to get 15.9 MPG my last tank which included a 1.5 hour trail ride!

PineyXJ said:
Sweet looking xj. How do you like the cavfab?

I love the product, and their customer service has been great.  I will probably definitely purchase steering from them in the future.

Rainman77 said:
Hey,  you finally decided to post! It does indeed look sweet.

- Jeremy

Yea I was bored today and it occupied my time lol

Welcome!!! Nice XJ!!!
I think you mentioned a bit earlier about some wider spacers to prevent rub. But it looks great with the tires tucked.

G Beasley said:
Bummer, how bad is it?

^^This.  A pic or two would be good, the damage might be easy enough to fix on your own.  Besides, even if it is totaled, you can always get another and swap the parts over.

That is the wonderful part about XJs. They are disposable in a sense. Find a solid donor and swap your nice stuff over and sell/scrap what you have left. Sorry to hear it happened

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine