You Gobi Girl build

badmonkey said:
No, though it's in the current discussion. She wants to run 33s. Needless to say the GG may be anemic with factory 3.21s
Yeah probably pushing drive ability on 35?s with 3.21 gears!  I ran 3.73 and 35?s for a lot of years... finally upgreyyed to 4:56 and it helped a ton!

A thing happened today. Jenn went for the upgrayed while trade in prices are still high. The Gobi Girl was an awesome rig. We bid you farewell girl, you gave us a great ride!  

The old beside the new. 

20220304_145054.webp

The new Rubi, yet unnamed.

20220304_175723.webp

Srfnfly227 said:
That's a really nice looking Jeep! I'm not going to lie, there's a part of me that considers trading my LJ for a JL.

I'll enable a bit: the turbo 2.0 with 8 speed auto is a hot setup! The fuel mileage isn't bad either. We drove an hour home from the dealer, through rolling terrain, at about 25 mpg. That was varying speeds from 45 in curves, accelerating up hills, and 60 or so through the straights. Kinda wish Red Hot Momma had that 2.0. 😀

badmonkey said:
I'll enable a bit: the turbo 2.0 with 8 speed auto is a hot setup! The fuel mileage isn't bad either. We drove an hour home from the dealer, through rolling terrain, at about 25 mpg. That was varying speeds from 45 in curves, accelerating up hills, and 60 or so through the straights. Kinda wish Red Hot Momma had that 2.0. 😀

You lost me at auto  [laugh] The LJ is my wheeling Jeep and I love the manual for that. And luckily I only drive it about 1500 miles a year so mpg isn't an issue. Hell it was my DD for the first 10 years I owned it and it still only has 74k miles.

I think I'll have a JL one day, but it will likely be a 4 door that replaces the van in about 6 years. Maybe it will be electric by then and I'll enjoy never going to the gas station.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine