1991 Range Rover Classic or My Foray Into Madness

Not RR related, but spent a couple of hours working on the '62 Willys with my father. After sitting for an unknown period, we want to make sure it'll run before doing anything else. So we cleaned the crank pulley to find the timing marks, pulled the carb for a cleaning and rebuild, and pulled the distributor someone had put on in an effort to convert it to another ignition system. PO couldn't get the ignition system to work correctly, but we have a new OE-style distributor to go back to, and the rest of the ignition parts are new and ready to go in. So once we get the distributor squared away, we'll get ignition-critical stuff wired and a basic fuel source plumbed and see if we can get things thing to light off.
Old and simple for the win! (hopefully)

So I did a thing today.

After waffling about keeping the VW and getting a 3rd vehicle (Commando, CJ or YJ), or selling the VW and trying to get a TJ or LJ to daily drive or to go with something newer, I finally found something I was excited about. He just knocked $7k off the price, so I jumped.

Image.webp

2015 JKUR
27k miles
Shop-built AEV JK350 clone with a Rhino Rack, 2-battery setup, ARB twin and sPOD.
Garage-kept and very clean
Tons of extras, including a soft top, fuel caddy, original 35” Nittos with 22k miles and a hard top hoist.

Holiday weekend means I’m going to have to wait until next week to pick it up, but I’m pretty excited. Once it’s in-hand, I’ll start up a new thread.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine