2020 Gladiator

I think they'll sell tons of them. It looks neat and is actually pretty competitive in the mid-sized truck market. Plus the Tow Rating is impressive too. The biggest downsides are the useless length bed and garbage departure angle (26*  [puke] )

Rainman77 said:
I think they'll sell tons of them. It looks neat and is actually pretty competitive in the mid-sized truck market. Plus the Tow Rating is impressive too. The biggest downsides are the useless length bed and garbage departure angle (26*  [puke] )

There are always trade offs

My biggest issue is how well can it really tow like say on the interstate, if it could tow my buggy comfortably I may have to trade in the Sierra and maybe sell the Cj.

Rainman77 said:
Same departure as the Tacoma .

I bet that thing will cost at least 60 grand in Rubi form. I just watched a video before seeing this post. I like it, especially in lifted form. But, unless I win the Powerball, it ain't happening.

Jeffro06 said:
I bet that thing will cost at least 60 grand in Rubi form. I just watched a video before seeing this post. I like it, especially in lifted form. But, unless I win the Powerball, it ain't happening.
I think you are probably correct on both accounts.

My biggest concern is pricing. The rest seems to be quite competitive. Anyone thinking of this in terms of a Wrangler is missing the point. Think Tacoma.

ShaunSweeney said:
Anyone thinking of this in terms of a Wrangler is missing the point. Think Tacoma.

How so? 

Convertible: Wrangler
Fold down windshield (even if no one ever uses it, still there): Wrangler
Solid front axle: Wrangler
Factory available lockers front and rear: Wrangler
Factory sway disco: Wrangler
Wheelbase: Wrangler
Styling: Wrangler
Removable doors: Wrangler
Bed with overhang: Taco

Seems it's a Wrangler with a bed and improved towing capacity. It's a Wrangler with the ability to take you and your outdoor gear to the outdoors. That's the point. It isn't intended to tow a gooseneck loaded with a farm tractor. Anyone thinking Tacoma has missed the point.

It's a Jeep truck; I'll get excited when it gets either useful or interesting.  Right now it's half-bred toy like every other Wrangler that's ever been built...it just happens to cost more.  On the bright side, it comes standard with a shopping cart on the back end.

janesy said:
It's definitely marketed to the Jeep guys that want something more like a Tacoma or mid sized truck.
Agreed. Though I suspect it has a much different frame than a Wrangler or Tacoma . With the rear tire hanger it makes me think they have modified a 1500 frame.

I don't like how the rear doors weren't changed. They just chopped the JL body and threw on a bed. The lines would look better if the rear doors were like the front doors. The guy on TFLtrucks called Jeep out on this at the LA auto show, the Jeep dude kind of stuttered a bit with his non-answer....lol.

Jeffro06 said:
I don't like how the rear doors weren't changed. They just chopped the JL body and threw on a bed. The lines would look better if the rear doors were like the front doors. The guy on TFLtrucks called Jeep out on this at the LA auto show, the Jeep dude kind of stuttered a bit with his non-answer....lol.

Agreed.  They half-assed the ass half.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine