Big news on the Hill...

G Beasley

Staff member
  So I have been kind of hinting around at some big changes forthcoming here on the hill and here it is . We have an agreement in place to buy our local lumber yard/ hardware store and we close on the 31st. We had a non disclosure agreement in place until last week just in case something fell through , but the pending transaction is a matter of public knowledge now.

All of the employee's are staying and Kimbo will be working at the store in addition to running her Merchandising/Consulting firm as well . I am going to stay in my current role for now as we shepherd the store through a remodel and add product. Once we go branded in the Spring I will most likely work at the store full time and start growing the sales of this underutilized diamond in the rough.

We are incredibly humbled by the opportunity of buying a business that has equity and makes a profit on day one. The owner chose us to make this offer to and we gladly accepted it . More to come , but there y'all go . Did I mention the warehouse and sheds are huge? So much room for Jeep purchases dry storage...

G Beasley said:
  So I have been kind of hinting around at some big changes forthcoming here on the hill and here it is . We have an agreement in place to buy our local lumber yard/ hardware store and we close on the 31st. We had a non disclosure agreement in place until last week just in case something fell through , but the pending transaction is a matter of public knowledge now.

All of the employee's are staying and Kimbo will be working at the store in addition to running her Merchandising/Consulting firm as well . I am going to stay in my current role for now as we shepherd the store through a remodel and add product. Once we go branded in the Spring I will most likely work at the store full time and start growing the sales of this underutilized diamond in the rough.

We are incredibly humbled by the opportunity of buying a business that has equity and makes a profit on day one. The owner chose us to make this offer to and we gladly accepted it . More to come , but there y'all go . Did I mention the warehouse and sheds are huge? So much room for Jeep purchases dry storage...

Pretty exciting Beasley!

Wow! You nailed it, and I'm floored! And so it's hammer time! 😀

Congrats G. You'll have more home time. Good for you!

cescuzzy said:
Pretty exciting Beasley!
It is exciting , but also a little scary during these times. Thankfully hardware has grown throughout the Covid mess and hopefully it stays that way. We have a multi year plan drawn up to help grow sales and I have literally been studying for this my whole life.

badmonkey said:
Wow! You nailed it, and I'm floored! And so it's hammer time! 😀

Congrats G. You'll have more home time. Good for you!
More time at home in a year or so . The plan is for the store to carry on without me for now then once its remodeled I will leave my corporate gig .

Jeffro06 said:
That's awesome, congrats.
Thanks! We will offer a LEO discount , but its a bit far for you to travel! Retirement though? 360 days of riding a year ...

Srfnfly227 said:
Congrats Greg!

Thank you sir! Hope you're in the air asap as well .

janesy said:
Congrats!Good for you guys!
Thanks , and lets not forget the dry Jeep storage that abounds as well...

TexNVA said:
Whoooooo!!! Congrats!!!

Thank you .

Texas TJ said:
Congrats guys! Are y'all keeping the name, or mixing it up?

Name change , H&B hardware with national branding to follow .

en480c4 said:
Congratulations! Big news indeed!

Thanks , and it is big news. We are very humbled by this opportunity.

98tjcomeonuh said:
That?s awesome Greg! Are you going to make it a true value or stay independent?
That is a great question! We are currently purchasing from a small regional supplier that we will continue to do business with but we are looking at adding on a national wholesaler to fill the gaps . It depends on the deal that makes the most sense for the business and not necessarily the name as much . More details to come , but for the first 90 days we will leave things be.

The yard is huge and there will be a side business of building and selling Hemi JK's and TJ's starting up as well .

G Beasley said:
It is exciting , but also a little scary during these times. Thankfully hardware has grown throughout the Covid mess and hopefully it stays that way. We have a multi year plan drawn up to help grow sales and I have literally been studying for this my whole life.

It's a pity you're not closer to the Triangle (not for you, but certainly for me...). I'd probably find every excuse I could to be there.

cescuzzy said:
It's a pity you're not closer to the Triangle (not for you, but certainly for me...). I'd probably find every excuse I could to be there.

Perhaps he could do internet sales!

*Enabler status engaged*

Our introduction meeting went well tonight and everyone is staying on with us which is what we had hoped for. We were pretty sure they would all stay but it was nice to know for sure. We have a great team in place and will be growing the sales from here on out . I am so humbled to have the opportunity to do this and excited at the same time to jump right into it . Financial reality dictates that I have to move a little slower than I want , but we will have an awesome store when we are done. 

98tjcomeonuh said:
Well dang, the side business sounds awesome too.
It will be lots of fun , and I can get a dealers license now as well!

cescuzzy said:
You're always welcome to come hang out but it is a bit of a drive.

badmonkey said:
Perhaps he could do internet sales!

*Enabler status engaged*
We will have e commerce at some point , but not to start.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine