Bob's boring build

Picked up the last two arms to complete the full set. New tars too!

Attachments

• DSCN0909.webp
    DSCN0909.webp
    58.2 KB · Views: 55
I think my Jeep is pissed at me for putting all terrains on it. Battery just took a shit. Time to quit screwing around and put a AGM in there.

bobthetj03 date=1550855673 said:
And now my alternator just took a shit! Probably what killed my battery. WTF!

Check your battery cables as well. Mine followed a similar order and I found the battery cables were very corroded and my alternator was constantly charging. Once I replaced the 7 main cables my starter up and died on my too  😡

Replaced the ball joints with Spicers. Wasn't too bad of a job with the proper OTC adapters to get the angle of the dangle correct.  Hopefully I'm done with maintenance items for a while. Next big job will be replacing the AC evaporator and heater core. That one I'm not looking forward to. I keep telling myself to buy Mopar units and pay the price, cause I certainly don't want to do that job twice. Any suggestions on a quality aftermarket unit that is as good or better than the Mopar units?

bobthetj03 said:
Replaced the ball joints with Spicers. Wasn't too bad of a job with the proper OTC adapters to get the angle of the dangle correct.  Hopefully I'm done with maintenance items for a while. Next big job will be replacing the AC evaporator and heater core. That one I'm not looking forward to. I keep telling myself to buy Mopar units and pay the price, cause I certainly don't want to do that job twice. Any suggestions on a quality aftermarket unit that is as good or better than the Mopar units?
Older I get the more I appreciate that I can afford OEM on a lot of stuff. Sorry to be the wet blanket to your wallet.

ShaunSweeney said:
At $217 I?d go aftermarket. There is no way I?d pay that much for a Mopar heater core.
I dont ususally see that much of a gap , but youre right . Its still an awful job so I would probably still spend more on the part as I dont want to do it again.

Mopar $217

aftermarket but read the reviews $55

A quick look at Oreillys , Advance and Autozone finds them all in the $60-$100 range. If it was easy to access I would go with a less expensive option , but the work required to replace this makes it worth spending more to me. The autozone option appears to be the closest to oem from the pictures , but you never know until it is in your hands.

Been a while since I've updated here. AC still not working. I'm going to pull the condenser and pressure test it for leaks before I submit to defeat and have to pull the dash to replace the evaporator.
In vibe news, strange things be a happening. I dropped the t-case skid 3/4" with some pucks. This made most of the vibes disappear. I'm not exactly sure why. So, next up I put in a MML and took the t-case skid pucks out and put the skid back up where it belongs. This netted the same results as dropping skid, so I'm happy with this. I still might have some harmonics, but I can't hear them with the top off, so I'll deal with that when the hard top goes back on. We have a Rubicon trip planned for September, so I burned in some mini skids, added a MC oil pan skid, and need to purchase some camping gear.

My A/C is out too, i think I have a pretty sizable leak but haven?t tried dye yet. Whats the method for pressure testing the condenser?

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine