Bob's boring build

Beverly Jeepbillies!  😀

Attachments

• bob.webp
    bob.webp
    347.3 KB · Views: 267
Cute pups! And I like your rig, simple and effective. Seeing yours makes me want to get more done on my TJ instead of Sue...  😛

Thanks guys! Luckily for me, Wranglers are pretty darn capable right out of the box, so I didn't have to go crazy to wheel most of the places I go, which is a good thing cause the simplicity of my build is directly proportional to the amount of caps I get to spend on it if you knows what I mean, lol!

My left headlight kept flickering off when I used them. Upon inspection, I came across this at the pigtail.
headlight_plug.jpg

Looks like the socket is toast. Upgrade time!
20141120_151603.jpg

Might as well do them both.
headlight_plug2.jpg

headlight_plug3.jpg

headlight_plug4.jpg

Well, more "not so disposable" income was eaten up at 115k miles in the form of a new clutch. My TO bearing was making noise for some time, but recently became much worse. We were planning a trip to SoCal in the jeep, so it was time to do the nasty! I won't bore you with pics of the clutch job, but I will show you what my pressure plate looked like. From the grooves ground into the forks, it looks like the TO bearing was seizing up. Don't think it would've lasted much longer.
clutch.jpg

I was having a hard time hearing my CB with it mounted behind my center console, so I found me an external speaker and mounted it up front for us old guys who spent too many years as a youth listening to loud music.

P1050454.JPG

Another gift from a friend.
P1030005.JPG

The auxiliary speaker is a good idea , I have a heck of a time hearing a CB . I wonder if you could do a blue tooth setup through the radio ?

G Beasley date=1418259085 said:
The auxiliary speaker is a good idea , I have a heck of a time hearing a CB . I wonder if you could do a blue tooth setup through the radio ?

I'm sure I could. I also need to upgrade my stereo as well, but the speaker was free, so I went with the external speaker. My Alpine HU is so old, it doesn't even have a Aux outlet, lol!

bobthetj03 date=1418264606 said:
I'm sure I could. I also need to upgrade my stereo as well, but the speaker was free, so I went with the external speaker. My Alpine HU is so old, it doesn't even have a Aux outlet, lol!
Thats pretty old , JForse got me hooked on the blue tooth stuff its pretty awesome.

G Beasley date=1418264939 said:
Thats pretty old , JForse got me hooked on the blue tooth stuff its pretty awesome.

Just for reference, I just upgraded from a flip phone to a smart phone 2 months ago if that gives you an idea of my technological smartness,ness.  [laugh]

bobthetj03 date=1418265347 said:
Just for reference, I just upgraded from a flip phone to a smart phone 2 months ago if that gives you an idea of my technological smartness,ness.  [laugh]
And now flip phones are supposed to be back in vogue.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine