Heated Truck Lite Package

The_Eng

As many of you might have heard, Truck Lite just released a heated 7" round light that is a drop in replacement for TJ/LJ's. Well we got one of the first shipments and these are in stock ready to go!
http://www.northridge4x4.com/truck-lite-heated-truck-lite-headlights-pair

The_Eng said:
As many of you might have heard, Truck Lite just released a heated 7" round light that is a drop in replacement for TJ/LJ's. Well we got one of the first shipments and these are in stock ready to go!
http://www.northridge4x4.com/truck-lite-heated-truck-lite-headlights-pair
When are the XJ LED's going on sale ...

ShaunSweeney said:
Not going to lie but I'd still go with the regular. If I haven't had issues with icing, most won't.

Tis a neat feature, but you're right.  This far south, I doubt that icing will ever be an issue.  These are supposed to emit light closer to natural sunlight though, that wouldn't be such a bad thing.

What?! Now I have to look. The one thing I hate about the TLs is the color. Way too blue.

@The_Eng do you know the color temp on these?

ShaunSweeney said:
What?! Now I have to look. The one thing I hate about the TLs is the color. Way too blue.

Just what I read in the product description.  I haven't seen numbers that show how much closer.

ShaunSweeney said:
Not going to lie but I'd still go with the regular. If I haven't had issues with icing, most won't.

I've had mine freeze up a couple times...

Heated would be nice, my wife drives it more than I do.

ShaunSweeney said:
Were you driving through a blizzard? Jenny has driven through whiteout conditions with temps around 10-20* with no issues.

No it was around 28-30 and we got not much more than what was on the ground in that picture (maybe 2" total) it was a heavy wet snow

OK, I am in the headlight market.  Convince me to buy these versus another set of stock lights that lasted almost 10 years on my rig... Go.

LowJ said:
OK, I am in the headlight market.  Convince me to buy these versus another set of stock lights that lasted almost 10 years on my rig... Go.

The stock headlights are like candles  and these are like Coast Guard searchlights. I had a set of the non-heated ones on my daily driver TJ and it makes a huge difference in being able to see in the dark. I work 2nd shift and have a long commute, so I drive a lot during the middle of the night and these made it so much easier and less stressful because I didn't have to worry about what might be in front of me but I couldn't see with the stock lights. Even without the high beams you don't over drive the lit area when you're on the highway. High beams just blew me away with how much light these actually put out. If you never drive at not or not very often, I would personally pass as the cost/benefit ratio wouldn't be great, but if you drive at night much at all I'd highly recommend these or the non-heated version if you don't get much snow.

mattamd_xp date=1423062360 said:
The stock headlights are like candles  and these are like Coast Guard searchlights. I had a set of the non-heated ones on my daily driver TJ and it makes a huge difference in being able to see in the dark. I work 2nd shift and have a long commute, so I drive a lot during the middle of the night and these made it so much easier and less stressful because I didn't have to worry about what might be in front of me but I couldn't see with the stock lights. Even without the high beams you don't over drive the lit area when you're on the highway. High beams just blew me away with how much light these actually put out. If you never drive at not or not very often, I would personally pass as the cost/benefit ratio wouldn't be great, but if you drive at night much at all I'd highly recommend these or the non-heated version if you don't get much snow.
I don't drive at night often (or at least as often as you) but my jeep is my only vehicle most of the time so... I get flashed for having high beams on when I'm running regular lights now anyways.  

LowJ said:
I don't drive at night often (or at least as often as you) but my jeep is my only vehicle most of the time so... I get flashed for having high beams on when I'm running regular lights now anyways. 

Honestly I wouldn't buy them if you don't drive at night much or never on the highway at night. If you don't use your stock headlights that often, it's a lot of money for the few times per year that you'll need them. Just get a nice set of LED fog lights like were posted elsewhere or an LED bar and call it good.

I agree 100%. I put them on mine because I work overnights. It is always night for me in the winter months. In your circumstance the value just isn't there. Get some high quality sealed beam replacements and be done with it.

I have the opposite opinion of what you guys are saying. I don't drive much at night, but when I do I want to be able to see.  The stock head light's are so bad that I think the cost of the led's is more than covered by the safety you gain.

Why not meet in the middle with some composite halogen housings?  I'm heading that route myself, and I think with the right bulb I'll be pretty satisfied.  They're a third of the cost or less, much brighter than the sealed beams, and with the right bulbs, very illuminating.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine