Savvy Mid Arm discussion

Were you at EJS in this jeep?  This is at the sand dunes over at behind the rocks...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190502-195651_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20190502-195651_Gallery.webp
    79.2 KB · Views: 283
  • Screenshot_20190502-195625_Gallery.webp
    Screenshot_20190502-195625_Gallery.webp
    45.6 KB · Views: 232
jampop1 said:
You can just use the Savvy LJ kit or buy the Savvy brackets and get arms from WOD
14 ORI are tuff to package 12s or a lot easier.
I used all Savvy frame brackets
No problem thanks

Sorry to add to the questions but just to clarify...  you can install the LJ mid arm kit on a TJ and get approximately how much of a stretch? Does the front stretch require moving the shock tower at all? Also, are you using TJ or JK axles? Thanks.

Rntaylor87 said:
Sorry to add to the questions but just to clarify...  you can install the LJ mid arm kit on a TJ and get approximately how much of a stretch? Does the front stretch require moving the shock tower at all? Also, are you using TJ or JK axles? Thanks.

I can?t answer that question with out more info,
No but you have to get creative on spring and lower shock mounts
Tj axles

Rntaylor87 said:
It?s the same kit isn?t it??  The brackets just locate in a different spot on the longer LJ frame.

Hard Line Rob said:
It?s the same kit isn?t it??  The brackets just locate in a different spot on the longer LJ frame.

I'm pretty sure the control arms are longer on the LJ kit. I could just be remembering Blaine saying that is how he does his custom builds though.

Srfnfly227 said:
I'm pretty sure the control arms are longer on the LJ kit. I could just be remembering Blaine saying that is how he does his custom builds though.

You are right.  Blaine mentioned that the LJ arms were longer in one of our discussions.  He was positive that i could not want to change the geometry of the kit with longer arms to get the stretch.  That's why I ended up stretching the frame.

Holaday said:
You are right.  Blaine mentioned that the LJ arms were longer in one of our discussions.  He was positive that i could not want to change the geometry of the kit with longer arms to get the stretch.  That's why I ended up stretching the frame.

Frame stretching is the best way

Did you stretch the front any?  I want to move my front axle forward 3 inches with the TNT kit.  Should I jsut get longer arms made? I thought I saw somewhere you could use JK front lower control arm anad spring mounts. 

Did you stretch the front any? I want to move my front axle forward 3 inches with the TNT kit. Should I jsut get longer arms made? I thought I saw somewhere you could use JK front lower control arm anad spring mounts.
What ever happened to this question? What did you end up doing?

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine