Srfnfly227's LJ Rubicon

Been driving the Jeep a bunch the last week and noticed a shake in the 60-65 mph range. Time for a quick rotate and balance at Discount before the 4 hour drive to wheelin on Friday.

B8AED6CC-6FC5-4A5F-8A54-4542AAEC6105.webp

Hard Line Rob said:
Make them earn it!!

I don't understand how Discount Tire makes enough money to stay in business. I showed up for my appointment at the end of a rush and it turned out I was the only one there. 25 minutes later they had all 5 tires balanced and rotated. No cost. Love that place.

G Beasley said:
All good to go?

I hope so. No more shakes on the highway. At least I don't remember any, but I spent a bunch of time on the shoulder driving slow. See this thread Engine Code P2074

Luckily I work with some pretty great people. Both company mechanics were at the hangar when I got there with my hazards flashing. They went out during the day and disconnected my battery for me to reset the engine code. I figured I'd have trouble on the way home anyway, but may as well start there. Well, it drove perfectly. Even stopped at the grocery store to get another engine cycle on it.

I have a brand new Mopar TPS that I'm taking on the trip. It's an easy swap should I need it, but I'm not introducing new parts right before the trip.

So this morning I'll help Emma pack her bag before getting both kids to school. Then home to pack and figure out how to get everything in the Jeep. Hope to be on the road by noon.

G Beasley said:
Have fun , I am two hours south of Lovingston if you need anything run up that way.

You should come up for the raffle tomorrow night. Looks like we may get lucky with the weather clearing out just in time.

Well after replacing the purge valve, I drove around for a few days with the engine light still on. I decided to clear the code myself by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. I honestly thought I was good as I made it almost a week, but the code came back. This is going to be past my ability to trouble shoot so off to the dealership it goes. Appointment May 13.

Chasing evap leaks is tough , I bet its a cracked line or fitting.

It's frustrating for sure. I won't claim to be mechanical. It's just not something I grew up with. This Jeep has taken me well outside my comfort zone and I have learned way more than I ever expected to. But all of that is basically following directions on bolt on things. Some more complicated than others for sure, but still pretty linear (do this = get this). This is one of the first problems that I've had that with this Jeep that wasn't a pretty simple fix. I consider myself really lucky for that. I've owned it for almost 18 years and these things are bound to start happening. Is what it is.

Hopefully the fix goes quick and I can have it back in time to enjoy some good weather.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine