Srfnfly227's LJ Rubicon

Man I love this thing.  I gotta go back through the pages and familiarize myself with your suspension again.  So trick.

green50gt said:
Man I love this thing.  I gotta go back through the pages and familiarize myself with your suspension again.  So trick.

Thanks. I have a love hate relationship with it  [laugh]

I just read back through a lot of the build and it looks like a lot of the pictures are missing now. Let me know if there is anything specific you'd like to see.

Srfnfly227 said:
Thanks. I have a love hate relationship with it  [laugh]

I just read back through a lot of the build and it looks like a lot of the pictures are missing now. Let me know if there is anything specific you'd like to see.
P Bucket? Our links are good if it was posted here.

G Beasley said:
P Bucket? Our links are good if it was posted here.

A lot of my early stuff is photobucket. It's from when I was still cross posting with JF. Once I stopped posting over there, I started uploading directly to here.

Srfnfly227 said:
A lot of my early stuff is photobucket. It's from when I was still cross posting with JF. Once I stopped posting over there, I started uploading directly to here.
Same thing in my green LJ thread. I have them saved and need to re load but I have been avoiding the task.

Wheeling trip this weekend so it was time to get the Jeep running again.

First was a new battery. Purchased online a Northstar AGM from Batteries Plus only to have them call the next day to tell me there are none in stock and if they ordered one, it wouldn't be here until next week. Next choice was an Odyssey, but it wasn't available locally either. So off to Advance to pick up an AGM. I was pleasantry surprised to find they carry Diehard now that Sears is no more. Here's to hoping they're up to the same quality as the old ones.

I also picked up new bulbs for my brake lights. Passenger was out, but I decided to replace both since they come in a pack of 2. Quick install and suddenly both brake lights are out. Stick the old driver side bulb back in and it works fine. Put it in the passenger side and works fine. Try the new ones again and they're working. No idea what was going on.

Thursday I'll put on new wisdshield wipers and take out my backseat.

Almost a year later so time for an update. Jeep failed state inspection the first week of November for the third brake light. I have the after market set up where the 2 bulbs stick in the spare lugs in the spare. I haven't had time or desire to fix it so it sat on my driveway for the last 3 months. Well I went out yesterday and dove in to this. I love it when things go smoothly.

First, the thing actually started up. Gotta love newish batteries. Second, the brake lights all work. I guess the cord must have been kinked or pinched and me repositioning everything got that straightened up. Just need to schedule a follow up inspection and it will be driveable again.

green50gt said:
That is great news, though I was hoping you were going to tell me it was coming to Indiana to live permanently.
Hahahahahahahah permanently? HahahHHAhahahHAHHAhahahHAHhahahHAhahAHHAhAhahahhahAHhahahaha.

Srfnfly227 said:
Almost a year later so time for an update. Jeep failed state inspection the first week of November for the third brake light. I have the after market set up where the 2 bulbs stick in the spare lugs in the spare. I haven't had time or desire to fix it so it sat on my driveway for the last 3 months. Well I went out yesterday and dove in to this. I love it when things go smoothly.

First, the thing actually started up. Gotta love newish batteries. Second, the brake lights all work. I guess the cord must have been kinked or pinched and me repositioning everything got that straightened up. Just need to schedule a follow up inspection and it will be driveable again.
That's great news , now register it in NC at my house and its safety only soon as it hits 20 years.

You're both funny. No plans to sell the Jeep at the moment. Wheelin 4 Hope in April and I plan to drive it more this summer. That said, I may get stuck with the hard top on until fall and that would probably lead to me just parking it. Time will tell.

We need an "Unlike" button [member=1]badmonkey[/member] for when we don't like things people say - like [member=2]G Beasley[/member] for example.

As long as I have dibs on it when you get bored with it, thats good enough for me!

G Beasley said:
Seriously , register it here I don?t mind.

And can?t you hoist the top up out of the way in the garage?

I won't have a garage from sometime in April until Aug-Sept. We are building an in law suite/expanded garage. It's going to be amazing when it's finished, but a big pain in the ass while the build is going on. I'm actually going to have to park the Jeep at a neighbor's house during that time since the construction will be blocking the driveway.

Srfnfly227 said:
I won't have a garage from sometime in April until Aug-Sept. We are building an in law suite/expanded garage. It's going to be amazing when it's finished, but a big pain in the ass while the build is going on. I'm actually going to have to park the Jeep at a neighbor's house during that time since the construction will be blocking the driveway.

By the neighbors house do you actually mean my house?

Srfnfly227 said:
Did you move to the beach without telling me?  [laugh]

But honestly, I haven't even asked the neighbors yet. Hopefully they don't mind.

I?ll be down in NC for spring break?. Maybe I should stop by and grab it for the week so everything stays lubed up!!

Well I have the LJ back with a fresh inspection sticker. Now to drive it a bit over the next week hoping nothing creeps up on me before Wheelin 4 Hope next weekend.

Srfnfly227 said:
Well I have the LJ back with a fresh inspection sticker. Now to drive it a bit over the next week hoping nothing creeps up on me before Wheelin 4 Hope next weekend.
Is it already that time?!

G Beasley said:
Is it already that time?!

Next weekend. And I'm pretty sure I finally talked Emma in to joining. She seems really excited.

Of course I work Sun-Mon and Wed-Thurs this week so not a lot of time to get stuff together. I've never gone on this trip with the back seat in so packing will be a bit different than I'm used to.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine