Srfnfly227's LJ Rubicon

Florpro said:
Looks great! Any plans for rocker protection?

Thanks. I?m really liking it so far. And the extra inch of belly height has already been useful. I crawled under there and dropped the UnderArmor this afternoon. Finally time to change out the transmission mount bushings.

As for rockers, I?ve barely ever hit my stock ones so my plan is to rock these until I wheel hard enough to warrant needing new ones.

Florpro said:
Looks great! Any plans for rocker protection?
[member=342]green50gt[/member]

Srfnfly227 said:
Thanks. I?m really liking it so far. And the extra inch of belly height has already been useful. I crawled under there and dropped the UnderArmor this afternoon. Finally time to change out the transmission mount bushings.

As for rockers, I?ve barely ever hit my stock ones so my plan is to rock these until I wheel hard enough to warrant needing new ones.
Our breakover angle made me nervous without real protection. I have a set of A to Z's coming off the black LJ if you are interested.

davewjcook said:
I know - just couldn't pass up the chance to give you a lightly-disguised hard time. All good here.

Ha. And here I was going to say you should call Beasley if you wanted Rubi wheels. He probably has more sets stored than Chrysler.

Well the Wrangler is in garage so that I could work on it today while it's raining. I am trying to change out the transmission mount bushings in the Savvy UnderArmor. First one went ok with a ball joint press. The rubber was so far gone on the second one that the press separated the rubber from the metal sleeve. Anybody have any ideas on how I can get the second one out?

Thank you both. 2 of the guys in my club have shop presses, so I'm going to take it to one of their houses to see about getting it out. Press will make installing the new ones easier as well.

Oh and I called Savvy before I posted earlier. The didn't answer, so I followed it up with an email. No response yet.

Srfnfly227 said:
Thank you both. 2 of the guys in my club have shop presses, so I'm going to take it to one of their houses to see about getting it out. Press will make installing the new ones easier as well.

Oh and I called Savvy before I posted earlier. The didn't answer, so I followed it up with an email. No response yet.
Same old Savvy...Still love their products.

Used a hydraulic press and that just pushed the bushing the rest of the way out of the sleeve. Cut the sleeve with a sawzall and it popped right out. Pressed the new bushings in and all is good again.

Hopefully I'll have everything put back together tomorrow and the Jeep will be driving again. I'm really excited to have it back on the road.

The list gets smaller. Forgot to list install the soft top though.

Srfnfly227 said:
The current to do list:
- Drop the UnderArmor and change out the bushings in the crossmember
- Fix my reverse lights
- Steering Gear install and fluid flush
- Shock install
- Grease everything that will take it
- New tires
- Adjust the rear shock mount

I greased the steering TREs, upper ball joints, trackbar JJ, and rear driveshaft today. Tomorrow, I'm actually going to drive it for more than a trip around the block. Amy will be happy that I'm parking the LJ at the airport again instead of the Grand Cherokee or CRV.

So here's the new I need to get it done before Wheelin 4 Hope list:
- Alignment
- Soft Top
- Check the lockers. I think my rear is leaking air inside the diff again.

I'd like to get it done before W4H list:
- Reverse Lights
- Raise the lower rear shock mount

Long term to do list:
- Move the front upper control arm frame side mount to get more vertical separation

She likes having the 2 vehicles with car seats available when I'm out of town. I prefer it that way also since it gives her an option if something happens to be wrong with one. While I've been working on the Wrangler the last few weeks, I've had to drive the Grand or Honda and leave whichever at the airport during my trips. Just a bit less convenient for her.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine