All your Rubicons are belong to us!

green50gt

Staff member
Hey guys!  Well this will likely be short and sweet as I don't keep a jeep around for long - and I really don't care for this one so maybe sooner rather than later..

Anywho, Ive done several LCG TJ's in a row - 35's on 3" or under.  This one is NOT going to be high lined, and be a bit milder.  04 with 120k on it, 5 speed.  Had rust on the front fenders and a smidge under the tailgate, otherwise fairly clean.  A good 5-10 footer.

I bought it looking like this:

It had bumpers, winch, FACTORY NAVIGATION, lowish and chopped Duratracs, meh.

Sold the bumpers, winch, cleaned it up a little..

Had to replace the front wheel bearings, u joints, and ball joints, and set the toe cuz it was completely jacked - Hence why the front tires were all chopped up..  Also replaced a couple o2 sensors.

Put on one of our front bumpers and sliders - shameless plug to the company a buddy and I are trying to get off the ground..

Sold the Ravines and 31's and put some 33" duratracs and steelies on it..  Initially it was going to be another highlined LCG like the last few ive built.. But at the time 35" MTRKs were on national backorder..  oh well.

Was given a LOD bumper in trade for a stock bumper and assistance installing it...SOLD.  Now the bumper was in sad shape, so it took some effort - installed new mounts, recessed a hitch into it, and had to cut out a bad spot of the carrier, AND has some pitting..  But still, Free.

Sold the hardtop, bought a frame and canvas - man I love these smittybilt tops.  Seriously, like $200 bucks and fits like a glove.

That pretty much brings us to present day.  I think we're maybe speaking of 3 months here.  I have some parts to throw at it yet.  PSC 3" Tapered Defenders on the way to be color matched, a whole host of aluminum products from Marked Designs - our company my buddy and I hope to get off the ground, some 3/4" PSC LED turns - the cool 3 wire ones, oil pan skid for when I never go wheeling anymore, and maybe some other little tidbits.

OH and to sell it.  🙂

Lastly, look at all the offroading I do lately..  😱  Nice bumper and sliders though huh? 8)

Very cool, I followed your build over on JF -- nice to see you over here now. Products look awesome, really like the front bumper. Very simple and looks like it'll play nicely with an AR. 

Not a bad looking Rubi...  I've always had a strange fascination with yellow tj's - can't decide if I love or hate the color.

Interested in trading a hardtop harness, switches, washer pump and bottle for my softop-version of a washer bottle and a couple switch blanks?  😀

G Beasley date=1436325836 said:
Nice Rubi , and you do burn through some Jeeps!
True that, but they all love on so good it would hard to part with them. I think my favorite one has to be the silver Tj on mtr's and gamblers. It's that the sliders yall are producing?

ShaunSweeney date=1436324466 said:
Nice looking rig man!
Thank you!

moredock_31 date=1436324989 said:
Very cool, I followed your build over on JF -- nice to see you over here now. Products look awesome, really like the front bumper. Very simple and looks like it'll play nicely with an AR.
Thank you!  Did you follow the Indiana Silverstone and Trailer or the CJ Rubicon?

G Beasley date=1436325836 said:
Nice Rubi , and you do burn through some Jeeps!
Thanks Greg!  Yeah...  This one came about because my wife has/had some medical issues and I had to sell my last rube - which stung a little because I really liked that one:

davewjcook date=1436326722 said:
Not a bad looking Rubi...  I've always had a strange fascination with yellow tj's - can't decide if I love or hate the color.

Interested in trading a hardtop harness, switches, washer pump and bottle for my softop-version of a washer bottle and a couple switch blanks?  😀
I am the same on the yellow.  I've never had one before, and I don't wonder if it hasn't sold because others feel the same..
Man, normally yes I would, but I am going to leave that intact in case the next owner wants to put a hardtop back on it.  Sorry bud.

98tjcomeonuh date=1436328036 said:
True that, but they all love on so good it would hard to part with them. I think my favorite one has to be the silver Tj on mtr's and gamblers. It's that the sliders yall are producing?
A proto, yes.  That's the standard version, the deluxe version will be a step - and mimic the lines of our front bumpers.  These are steel - I don't know if we are going to bother with steel - they are stupid heavy and a pain to ship.  All the sliders ive purchased over the years they have never made it to my doorstep with at least one poking out of the box.  BUT I have to get the shipping just right where the aluminums don't slide around and scratch themselves all up..  Good times.
I too was a big fan of the Gamblers.  The guy that bought it yanked those right away - he put a newer 23k mile motor in it, rubi tcase, put full doors back on, and finished up a few odds and ends that I didn't get to - then he sold it, not sure where it went.

While I am at it.  I should mention we will also be producing 1" aluminum body lifts..  As seen on the old CJ Rubicon project.  This was also the first or second prototype of our front bumpers - sans the tube work of course.

Huge fan of your previous builds, favorite by far was the CJ/TJ although I'm also partial to the green on that other TJ...
I've also been eyeballing your bumper for a while...I'm in desperate need of a new one and I'm a fan of the stubby simplistic design

green50gt date=1436359709 said:
Man, normally yes I would, but I am going to leave that intact in case the next owner wants to put a hardtop back on it.  Sorry bud.
No worries - I wasn't seriously expecting you to go for a lopsided trade like that anyway.    [angel]

Tonellin date=1436362278 said:
Huge fan of your previous builds, favorite by far was the CJ/TJ although I'm also partial to the green on that other TJ...
I've also been eyeballing your bumper for a while...I'm in desperate need of a new one and I'm a fan of the stubby simplistic design
Wow, thanks a bunch that means a lot!  Shoot me a PM if you are interested, I would make you a deal - I have two "blemished" black powdercoated bumpers left out of this batch.  I have pics and whatnot of course.

98tjcomeonuh date=1436365305 said:
I totally forgot about the cj rubi
That one was pretty cool too.  like 52k miles on it when I sold it - came from Arizona was about spotless as well.  The guy that bought that hasn't done much to it.  Gspup on JF bought that CJ grill and last I knew was planning to rock it on his Jeep.

davewjcook date=1436367708 said:
No worries - I wasn't seriously expecting you to go for a lopsided trade like that anyway.    [angel]
If this is one I was keeping I would do it - no reason to have them now anyway.  Let me think about this some more yet though.

Had a lightly bent rear axle shaft flange for whatever reason, so we popped another used one in I picked up from a buddy...it's slightly bent too.  🙁

Put this on this morning..  You know in case I run into any tall curbs..

Trimmed the rear flares up this morning as well.  I can't cut for squat.

And these came in the mail yesterday...BOOM.  Happy 4th of July courtesy of Northridge 4x4.

I bought clear JK turns to cut into the grill but I think I'm over that..  Bought the 3-wire 3/4" PSC LED's, think I might run those instead.  Gotta evolve I suppose at some point.  (coming from the guy who's doing his 3rd build in a row with PSC defenders - but at least these arent high lined)

I did source a bunch of brand new OEM MTR's and this amazing condition set of Moabs.  Which might have been neat with the stock fenders, but with the PSC's I am thinking they are going to look dumb.  So they're for sale too.  :-\

Wow I am jealous of all your jeeps! The thread title made me chuckle. We have a guy in our club with a Toyota that we call Colonel Musturd.

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    52.8 KB · Views: 329
Great question you ask...  I am not sure.  Black probably, maybe aluminum.  I hope to get them put on while the family is out of town after work tonight!

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine