Dezert's 06 LJ Rubicon

Dezerttj

Figured it was time to start a thread on this. I'll try and make it somewhat organized. A lot of this is copied from other forums until recent

Bought this 2006 LJ Rubicon in January 2014. Flew out to Pueblo CO to pick it up. The trip there consisted of blizzards and other harsh weather, but it was worth it!

What was installed when I bought it:

255/85R16 KM2
2" Spacer front/ Unknown coil lift rear (sat high in the rear)
CB Antenna and aluminum mount
Rubicon Express Monotube shocks

IMG_2718_zps79578b94.webp

CAM00427_zps9aefd4b3.webp

CAM00428_zps7d1b3e81.webp

Once I got it home (Flagstaff at the time) I swapped the stubby front bumper and winch from my other TJ to the LJ. Also swapped in an adjustable front track bar

The 2" spacer up front made it sit high in the rear, so I ordered up some 4" Currie coils and Goodrich extended brake lines

Soon after that, I took it to Moab with the F12 guys on JF (YJ section). Had a blast! can't wait to go back

a4d172ca-58ed-40c4-8756-5b249b24a7e0_zps7d1bbc58~3.webp

Control arms had to be replaced because of the 4" lift, so I settled on RC adjustables in anticipation to replace the flex joints with Johnny joints once the RC joints wear out

Then came the CB. Uniden 520

The 255/85r16 KM2s were great, but I felt they were too narrow for the rocks I run even with 1.50" spacers. So next came 315/75r16 Falken Wildpeaks

CAM00622_zps54733c9a.webp

Then 1.25" BL taken from my TJ to make room for the 35s

In anticipation for moving to Tucson, I purchased a PSC Hood louver

I needed better rocker protection. PSC did the job just fine

Then moved to Tucson. I had no room for the LJ hardtop and not enough overhead room in the garage to make a hoist. So I ended up selling it and purchased a Bestop Trektop NX

Wanted some diff protection. Ballistic Fab is only a few miles from my house, so I stopped by and picked up their rubicon d44 diff cover. I decided to run it on the rear

That brings us to the most recent event for the LJ. I purchased PSC full aluminum corners about a month ago and still waiting on them to arrive

Last edited:
Glad to see your build over here , thanks for posting it up. Are you going to cancel the PSC corners and get the used ones that are local to you?

G Beasley date=1417743800 said:
Glad to see your build over here , thanks for posting it up. Are you going to cancel the PSC corners and get the used ones that are local to you?

It's looking like I'm going to have to stay with the PSC corners. The guy hasn't responded yet

Thanks guys!

Just received an email informing me that my corners have been shipped! I should receive them on Tuesday. Sooner than they estimated. I'm excited  

G Beasley date=1418173061 said:
Time to swiss cheese the tub , I hate that part.

It hurts a little, but after the 1st one it wasn't so bad  👍

All buttoned up. I need to come up with a license plate mount. Zip tied to the spare without a light doesn't sit so well in the law's eyes

Attachments

• psc corner.webp
    psc corner.webp
    45.1 KB · Views: 572
Less, it's quiet. At 70, no windows flap and neither does the front. The only flapping, if any, would be the rear where it's the most lose between the roll bars.

Nothing big, just relocated the license plate and added some of those LED light bolts from amazon so the Jeep can be legal again

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine