Dezert's 06 LJ Rubicon

Dezerttj date=1418448675 said:
Nothing big, just relocated the license plate and added some of those LED light bolts from amazon so the Jeep can be legal again

I though for sure you were going inside the spare , thats a clean install.

G Beasley date=1418473077 said:
I though for sure you were going inside the spare , thats a clean install.

Thanks! I didn't feel like dropping $100 on the or-fab mount and dealing with the plate and wires when removing the spare

Dezerttj date=1418492283 said:
Thanks! I didn't feel like dropping $100 on the or-fab mount and dealing with the plate and wires when removing the spare

I made a receiver plate and used a 2 wire trailer plug with the Auto Zone led liscense plate bolts. My total cost was about $20 and its easy to remove. Yours looks a little cleaner though , and is a much simpler solution.

Installed the rear flares. I thought I would like the flareless look, but I do like the flares better

Attachments

• rear flare install.webp
    rear flare install.webp
    51.3 KB · Views: 258
TexNVA said:
I don't hate flare-less. But the the flares make the jeep look complete.

I agree, having fender flares takes a jeep from "work in progress" to "ready to wheel" in my mind.

-Scuzz

Ten Factory Chromoly shafts came in today. Bearings are getting pressed on Thursday. Big thanks to Tim! Hopefully I won't break these

Attachments

• CAM01144.webp
    CAM01144.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 249
Dezerttj date=1423011961 said:
Ten Factory Chromoly shafts came in today. Bearings are getting pressed on Thursday. Big thanks to Tim! Hopefully I won't break these
If you  pop these it's time for more lugs  😀

Not bad at all. Little twisted but the worst part is the bent shaft. Maybe possible to put it in a press and bend it back enough to be used as a spare?

Attachments

• CAM01145.webp
    CAM01145.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 229
Dezerttj said:
Not bad at all. Little twisted but the worst part is the bent shaft. Maybe possible to put it in a press and bend it back enough to be used as a spare?
As cheap as stock shafts are I would recycle that one.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine