Hydro Blue JKL build

bobthetj03 date=1467086061 said:
How can you even fit a tire like that on a stocker?

They are only 1" narrower than what's recommend.  They also go on really easy with those tall sidewalls. 

98tjcomeonuh said:
I really love the look of moabs and bigger tires, though beadlocks would be sick. What wheels you thinking? Slabs?

Raceline Monsters the same color as my grill. If I go that route now.  Definitely in the future when the axles get put under there. 

To my mind, beadlocks are more of a situational need than a cosmetic one.  Sure, they look cool, but unless you're going to run super-low pressures, why risk dealing with balance issues if you don't have to do so?

Yes please...this build will dominate my bolt ons haha

Attachments

• 20160315_161948.webp
    20160315_161948.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 261
Sundowner said:
To my mind, beadlocks are more of a situational need than a cosmetic one.  Sure, they look cool, but unless you're going to run super-low pressures, why risk dealing with balance issues if you don't have to do so?

Balance issues? I have mount 10 sets and never had balance problems.

Yes, fenders have to go as well as the bumper.  For now I am thinking of chopping the front bumper down to a stubby and plastic welding the ends back closed.  As for the fenders nothing some paint matched PSC fenders won't fix. 

Hendrix said:
Yes, fenders have to go as well as the bumper.  For now I am thinking of chopping the front bumper down to a stubby and plastic welding the ends back closed.  As for the fenders nothing some paint matched PSC fenders won't fix. 

Just curious as to why you're going with PSC tube flares? Of course they look good and have been proven. Do you just prefer the look or have you considered other options

SOWEGA_JK said:
Just curious as to why you're going with PSC tube flares? Of course they look good and have been proven. Do you just prefer the look or have you considered other options

I like the look.  I also like the crawler concepts ones. 

Hendrix said:
I like the look.  I also like the crawler concepts ones. 

I gotcha. Just curious. I have no affiliation with them but they put out a fine product. Planning on mounting my front flares this weekend

Got the 10a Rubicon springs and shocks from Jamie today.  Totally stoked to put them in.  Going to chop my bumper this week and get ready to swap out some springs.  Then when Jamie gets back from TN its time to stretch the front out and beef up the driver side upper to complete the 3 link.  Ran around door less this weekend.  Thought about taking the top off till I watched the weather. 

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    32.6 KB · Views: 199
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 221
Got a full 5 piece set of Rubicon take offs with less than 2000 miles on them to replace the street tires on the Jeep.  The plan is to run these till I finish the mods for the 37s.  I will pick them up Friday after work. 

Looking for a pair of Rubicon rock rails if anyone knows of any. 

Hendrix said:
Got a full 5 piece set of Rubicon take offs with less than 2000 miles on them to replace the street tires on the Jeep.  The plan is to run these till I finish the mods for the 37s.  I will pick them up Friday after work. 

Looking for a pair of Rubicon rock rails if anyone knows of any. 
You move fast.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine