Moab 2022

Jeffro06

Things are getting set for a Moab trip, May 28-June 5, as Kevin is booking the house this week. We have 7 confirmed with one on the bubble.

I'll have the new springs, shocks and stereo installed by then. Who knows, maybe I'll even freshen up the paint on my armor, so Rubi doesn't look so rusty on the trails.

Should be nice enough to throw the doors in the rental and hit the trails naked!! 

Sounds like a good time. If my lungs allow I?ll be out there for the tail end of EJS. Then hoping to make it back in October.

G Beasley said:
Sounds like a good time. If my lungs allow I?ll be out there for the tail end of EJS. Then hoping to make it back in October.

I hope you make it!

The wife and I are hoping to take her Cherokee Trailhawk to Ouray in September, for her birthday.

Looks like most of our group have canceled. Kevin and I are still looking to go, but it'll be a week sooner. Canceled the house, booking a cabin at the Moab KOA. I guess we'll see how that goes.....lol.

Things change so fast.....so Kevin booked a cabin for May 30th, to June 6th...so the same week as before, but one day later. Solo Harley riding is so much easier...lol.

G Beasley said:
KOA cabins aren?t terrible , and the price is decent compared to everything else.

We stayed in one a few years back, it was nice. We get one with a full bath, so that's a plus.

Moab is getting closer. I still have a few things to take care of on the Jeep too.....such as brakes, oil change, tire rotation, some rattle can touch up.

I'm still a bit hesitant to go, but I'm sure I will. Easy to moderate trails only, no Escalator this time around.

You've gotta go! Once you get out there you'll have a blast.  Y'all gonna dip down to Ouray on the way home?

Seven Mile Rim is always a good one.
imagecache.php

Poison Spider out and back (no Golden Spike)
imagecache.php

Shafer trail is a fun scenic couple of hours.
imagecache.php

The wife and I plan on taking her Cherokee Trailhawk to Ouray, later this year.

I'd like to hit a few trails in Moab that I haven't been on, which would be some of the more moderate ones.

The Rubi hit 95,000 miles yesterday. I'm thinking it'll be at 100,000 by the time I get back from Moab, unless Kevin comes up with a 2 place trailer.

I really like the road out to the Catacombs via Chicken Corner. Its not difficult , but very pretty. But the photo op's in the Catacombs are amazing.

Kevin can't go. Too much going on with his company. He needs to hire 4, but nobody will even apply.

His Jeep isn't ready either. He spends all his time doing builds for others.

Jeffro06 said:
Kevin can't go. Too much going on with his company. He needs to hire 4, but nobody will even apply.

His Jeep isn't ready either. He spends all his time doing builds for others.
Is he still doing Axis diesel?

G Beasley said:
Is he still doing Axis diesel?

Yep: lots of Range Rovers getting new Cummins' installed, among other things. If his shop was in Utah I would go work for him, but I'm not much interested in moving to Indiana.

Jeffro06 said:
Yep: lots of Range Rovers getting new Cummins' installed, among other things. If his shop was in Utah I would go work for him, but I'm not much interested in moving to Indiana.
Indiana's alright ...less liberal than Illinois.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine