Moab 2022

Srfnfly227 said:
Sorry to hear the trip canceled. Thinking the two of you will reschedule?

We both have Ouray on our radar for September.....but I told him I'm not "planning" anything....lol.

Jeffro06 said:
Things are getting set for a Moab trip, May 28-June 5, as Kevin is booking the house this week. We have 7 confirmed with one on the bubble.

I'll have the new springs, shocks and stereo installed by then. Who knows, maybe I'll even freshen up the paint on my armor, so Rubi doesn't look so rusty on the trails.

Should be nice enough to throw the doors in the rental and hit the trails naked!! 

Well, if at first you don't succeed.....reservations in Moab are made. Sept 10-16. Kevin and I will be trailering out. If this trip gets cancelled, I'm selling my Rubi.

Jeffro06 said:
Well, if at first you don't succeed.....reservations in Moab are made. Sept 10-16. Kevin and I will be trailering out. If this trip gets cancelled, I'm selling my Rubi.
That?s real close to when I have to go to Colorado. Will check the calendar and see.

Looks like Moab got hammered with rain / floods this past weekend. I sure hope there wasn't much damage to local businesses.

Jeffro06 said:
Looks like Moab got hammered with rain / floods this past weekend. I sure hope there wasn't much damage to local businesses.
I talked to my hardware store friend and the store was fine but town is hammered if it?s near Mill creek.

Will update tomorrow

Talked with Kevin today, and things are still a go for Moab. He's not going to have everything done to his LJ that he was hoping for, due to still having to work on the Jeeps his company has to get out the door. We most likely won't be doing the hard core trails this time around, Escalator, Behind the Rocks, Pritchett Canyon or Cliff Hanger, but there will still be plenty of fun to be had. We leave September 9th.

You?ll still have a blast regardless. During college I wasn?t sure if/when I?d ever make it to Moab. 2018 was my first year out there, and I?ve been back 7 times since then.

G Beasley said:
When did he get an LJ?!?

I think he's had it for about 2 years now, but hadn't done anything to it, until recently. I believe he said it's a 2004. We went to The Badlands Off Road Park back in 2020, before he did anything to it.

LJ.webp

He's still not going to have everything he wanted to have done, done. We'll both be on 35's, with 2 inches of lift, so we should have plenty of fun.

I downloaded onX Offroad, so we can offline maps. I've always just used my guide book and trail markers, but I thought I'd give this app a try and see how it does this trip.

Jeffro06 said:
I downloaded onX Offroad, so we can offline maps. I've always just used my guide book and trail markers, but I thought I'd give this app a try and see how it does this trip.
First time I was there was with [member=51]bobthetj03[/member] and his crew? the trip leader was literally leafing through the paperback trail guide as we were wheeling.  It was epic and he didn?t miss a turn!

Kevin has his truck and trailer ready to go, his LJ, still needs a couple of things and is currently on jack stands...lol. We leave Friday, so he has "plenty" of time.  😱

At this time tomorrow we should be approaching Nebraska!

I got the oil changed in the Rubi. I gave it the once over the other day, so at this point, it is what it...lol. Kevin got his winch mounted, so we both have them, just in case.

Kevin is on his way to Wisconsin to drop off his dad's Power Wagon, and will be here tomorrow morning to load up my Rubi and head for Moab.

FB_IMG_1662690780327.webp

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine