New to me TJ

Florpro

Ok here goes.... I am new to the site and always enjoy others builds  so I figured why not post some of my own ramblings!

I paid way too much for this jeep (from family) but otherwise was a smokin price. Stock as can be minus the 31" BFG all terrain tires. 60th anniversary, 4.0, 5 speed even has the Dana 44 rear!
I did the whole buggy thing and this jeep will be a streetable yet capable rig that I can drive to and from wherever I point it.

Attachments

• index.webp
    index.webp
    22.8 KB · Views: 899
Welcome Florpro!  I flipped your pic around.  If you're wondering what causes that Shaun was kind enough to prove to us what to do.  It is the orientation of the mobile device when the pic is taken.  There are two options to fix it:  take pix in landscape or use photo editing to flip 'em before upload.  But enough of that jazz.   😀 

Pheonix is a beautiful area.  You guys gotta have killer wheeling.   8)   Oh...judging from the avatar you got in a fight with a cactus?   😱

Thanks for the warm wishes scuzz and badmonkey
Also thanks for fixing my pics for me. I'm in Baja at the moment and posting from my phone. I'll make sure to take future pics in landscape type mode 👍

Ok so the previous pic was just after I wrestled my new best top on. And all I can say is I'm not too happy with it. Definitely not as quiet as the stock top and flappy as all get out on the road!
I will more than likely replace it with a frameless variety. Any suggestions on the best/most proven brand to go with?

Florpro date=1417105361 said:
Ok so the previous pic was just after I wrestled my new best top on. And all I can say is I'm not too happy with it. Definitely not as quiet as the stock top and flappy as all get out on the road!
I will more than likely replace it with a frameless variety. Any suggestions on the best/most proven brand to go with?
The Softtopper is a nice top made in Colorado that uses your factory door surrounds. When the time comes that is the route I will go . The only complaint I hear about it is that the windows are too small .

Welcome to the board , look forward to watching your build .

The_Eng date=1417105375 said:
Good to see another Black Tj on here! welcome and we look forward to your build
Thanks a bunch eng!
I'm just excited I can post pics. JF thought I was speaking French or something. My iPhone is as close to a real computer as I get so it's nice that Jeepowner is smart***phone friendly

heehawhardy date=1417107650 said:
Very Very nice TJ! Some Truklites is all you need
Thanks for the compliments.... Are you speaking of the KC Daylighter variety??
Lights are taken care of for the moment, but you will need to wait for a future post [saw]

G Beasley date=1417119353 said:
The Softtopper is a nice top made in Colorado that uses your factory door surrounds. When the time comes that is the route I will go . The only complaint I hear about it is that the windows are too small .

Welcome to the board , look forward to watching your build .
Thanks for the tip Beasley. I was on the fence when I got the best top. I was worried about future cage mods not working, but in hindsight I wish I had done the rampage or other offerings sans bows.

The first mod I did to my new jeep was some sort of a bike rack so I could get to the trail head. I did a quick internet search and came up with the idea of using a cargo basket and a fork skewer mount thingy from my LBS.

Attachments

• flip.webp
    flip.webp
    44.5 KB · Views: 828
Dang crookid pics!!
The new mount worked well but was a little on the floppy side, so I dug through my parts bin(assorted fasteners in a coffee can) and found a couple seat belt brackets I never mounted on my buggy and came up with a plan. A trip to homo depot for some cam  bolt things and I was set.

This allowed me to set some tension on the rack and keep my bike stable. Works pretty well and only cost about $90.00!

flip.jpg

flip2.jpg

flip3.jpg

flip4.jpg

G Beasley date=1417129522 said:
Thats a smart solution vs hanging something from the spare tire.
Thanks!
I wasn't too keen on the idea of a $400 bike rack and this can be used for work or camping as well so I figured it was a win win scenario!

Happy turkey day from Baja btw!
I'll get a better pic up later in beach attire 😀

Attachments

• baja.webp
    baja.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 304

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine