New to me TJ

We have a small cactus looking thing like that on the Outer Banks we call a jumping cholla . They are awful to deal with , but your knee looks worse than anything I suffered from one.

G Beasley date=1417189515 said:
We have a small cactus looking thing like that on the Outer Banks we call a jumping cholla . They are awful to deal with , but your knee looks worse than anything I suffered from one.
Yeah I think they are cholla?? I will usually pick one or two up in my knuckles on a ride, but this was my first time getting tagged like that!
The worst part was dripping sweat and fending off all the bugs attracted to my helmet light!

Florpro date=1417190676 said:
Yeah I think they are cholla?? I will usually pick one or two up in my knuckles on a ride, but this was my first time getting tagged like that!
The worst part was dripping sweat and fending off all the bugs attracted to my helmet light!
Sweat , bugs and barbed spikes . What else could you ask for ?  😀

bobthetj03 date=1417218206 said:
Yeah, but you guys have some awesome sunsets!
They are pretty amazing!! What part of northen Cali are you from?

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    15.5 KB · Views: 241
bobthetj03 date=1417317821 said:
Gateway to the redwoods, 3 hours north of crazy town!
Consider me jealous. Lived in San Jose most of my life been in this desert hell hole for the last 9 years. Miss Cali sometimes!

Been in Baja for the last week. Going home in a couple days... Really going to suck danglers to be back to work/civilization!

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 228
How is Baja ? One of the earliest trips I ever dreamed about was driving down the Pacific side surfing and fishing then cruising back up the Gulf side . Things have changed a lot over the last 23 years when I got my first Jeep and the idea of not having a firearm (legally) and some of the stuff I read doesnt give me a warm tingly feeling anymore when I think about it.

G Beasley date=1417362488 said:
How is Baja ? One of the earliest trips I ever dreamed about was driving down the Pacific side surfing and fishing then cruising back up the Gulf side . Things have changed a lot over the last 23 years when I got my first Jeep and the idea of not having a firearm (legally) and some of the stuff I read doesnt give me a warm tingly feeling anymore when I think about it.
Beasley. It is Effing awesome down here. 
As far as firearms or ammo are concerned... Pretty sure they will land you in prison down here and there are dogs at the border crossings... So I would think that would be a bad idea!!
There are safe places to go and not so safe places. Just like the states. 
Main thing to remember is you are in a foreign country and act accordingly!

So if you can meet hose requirements then you are gtg!

Florpro date=1417385958 said:
Beasley. It is Effing awesome down here.
As far as firearms or ammo are concerned... Pretty sure they will land you in prison down here and there are dogs at the border crossings... So I would think that would be a bad idea!!
There are safe places to go and not so safe places. Just like the states.
Main thing to remember is you are in a foreign country and act accordingly!

So if you can meet hose requirements then you are gtg!
So just like anything theres good and bad . I know the guns are a no go , thats why all the expo guys carry golf clubs  😀  Maybe one day ...

G Beasley date=1417406528 said:
So just like anything theres good and bad . I know the guns are a no go , thats why all the expo guys carry golf clubs  😀  Maybe one day ...
Yeah if you look hard enough I'm sure there is trouble to be found... But for the most part gringos are their livelihood and the honest folks don't screw with it. 

Just had an awesome last day here and even got a shot of our friends clapped out YJ on the beach!!

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 204
Florpro date=1417412883 said:
Yeah if you look hard enough I'm sure there is trouble to be found... But for the most part gringos are their livelihood and the honest folks don't screw with it.

Just had an awesome last day here and even got a shot of our friends clapped out YJ on the beach!!
Rough life  😀

heehawhardy date=1417451770 said:
That's a great looking YJ!
It's in pretty sad shape. All frame rusted from being in Idaho most of its life and now as a beach jeep down here. But I thought it was fitting to at least have a pic of a jeep in a jeep based forum!!

Finally back in Phx. 
Had a long wait at the airport due to mechanical issues. New plane and an hour and a half and back in Merica!!
Came home to a stack of mail and I got my new plate!!
Pretty much sums up where this build thread will be heading and what I want my TJ to do.

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    32.3 KB · Views: 191

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine