New to me TJ

I found a flowmaster at P&P and modified it to work by adjusting the inlet position.

Attachments

• flip5.webp
    flip5.webp
    26 KB · Views: 271
Lol yeah it was the flip screen option on iPhone so I'm guessing it does that.
Also sorry for the one pic at a time but my internets are weak here!

So moving the inlet of said muffler...

Attachments

• flip6.webp
    flip6.webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 283
I forsee a lot of picture mending by others on my thread!!
Sorry at least I'm posting visuals for you all...

More muffler

Attachments

• flip7.webp
    flip7.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 272
  • flip8.webp
    flip8.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 312
The muffler replacement was a real pita!!
It was fun though and gave me the whole pride of ownership thing... 
You see this jeep used to belong to my wife's mother so it has been in the fam for years, but I still get the what are you doing to "negrito"? Comment.  Well that is no longer his name so I don't know what to tell you lady other than; Whatever I please, to my jeep!!

While reading Sundowners thread on the other forum I decided to chop at my pathetically stock bumper and add some cheapo LEDs to it too

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    19.9 KB · Views: 307
Dave was trying to figure out a way to keep the stock bumper profile for retention of the bumperettes. I'm not fond of them but thought hey...  Why don't I take the portions that I cut off and weld them to the bottom to add some thickness to the mix!!
So that is what I did and it wasn't the cleanest job but it was FREE!!
I also notched the mounting holes about 1/2" so the bumper now sits flush with the frame rails.
I also added some cheap led cubes I got from desert rat off-road for $112.00. And wired those to my factory fog lights so they are controlled by the fog light switch on the headlight stick.

Works titties and again was cheap!!

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    19.9 KB · Views: 334
badmonkey date=1417099015 said:
Welcome Florpro!  I flipped your pic around.  If you're wondering what causes that Shaun was kind enough to prove to us what to do.  It is the orientation of the mobile device when the pic is taken.  There are two options to fix it:  take pix in landscape or use photo editing to flip 'em before upload.  But enough of that jazz.   😀

Pheonix is a beautiful area.  You guys gotta have killer wheeling.   8)   Oh...judging from the avatar you got in a fight with a cactus?   😱

Yes mountain biking after dark has some drawbacks!! That sucker was huge! I have size L hands

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    54.2 KB · Views: 330
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    54.2 KB · Views: 309
G Beasley date=1417137330 said:
Jeep-Owner can be addictive like Turkey  😱
I am really enjoying this.... Hence the vomiting of pics I have been saving up while building. It is fun to share; I have borrowed several ideas from others so I figure it's only kosher to give back!

😱   That thing looks as painful as paying health insurance.   😱  😱   Isn't that ironic?   [laugh] 

I'm digging the turnbuckle action to stabilize the corners.  Genius!   👍

badmonkey date=1417143581 said:
😱   That thing looks as painful as paying health insurance.   😱  😱   Isn't that ironic?   [laugh]

I'm digging the turnbuckle action to stabilize the corners.  Genius!   👍

Omfg it was the worst pain. I was hanging a corner, knee out and I feel a stab. Look down with my helmet light and this avocado sized cactus pear is embedded in my knee. I came to a skidding stop and went to extend my impaled leg towards the ground... And the effing thing stuck even deeper!!!
So I kinda freaked out a little then realized it wasn't going to get any better. Mind you I'm by myself some place I am not supposed to be after dark... Oh and the thorns are barbed... Keep that picture in your mind...
After about 30 seconds of freaking outish I realized the situation was not going to improve.

I tried to straighten my leg again to limp towards a nearby rock to sit on for the ensuing operation, but again the thorns just embedded into my knee farther.
A couple deep breaths and I decided it had to come out the HARD way (read painful!!) so I began to pull at the ball o' needles and every time I  pulled out a few barbs... It rolled the opposite direction and stuck a few new barbs into my leg. Being a slow learner it only took me two or three repetitions before I had to devise another plan.
So I looked around the immediate vicinity for a stick I could use to thread between satans pin cushion and my now bleeding flesh..
Oh and it is about 100? at night and every thing that flys and buzzes was attracted to my head lamp I stood there, well stood is an operative word. More like hunched from the waist for twenty minutes or so prying chunks of cactus from my leg as is rolled and got a fresh bite of skin, every friggin time!
I eventually won and plucked all the individual spires from my knee and fingers and knuckles.  Did I mention these were barbed??
I collected myself and took the short way back to the jeep.

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 302
This was my knee the following morning. Notice the bruising. 
I think I picked up the prickly pear at about 12mph

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    21.5 KB · Views: 296
heehawhardy date=1417154623 said:
Fancy Fancy
Thanks heehawhardy judging by your avatar and location you know the pain!!
It was suggested to me to carry a plastic comb in my hydration pack for cactus removal purposes.

Summer here in the great southwest can be a little warm to say the least!
So warm that my battery seemed to have cooked itself to death and the jeep was starting to turn over slowly one day?
A quick stop to Vatozone and I had them check the battery, sure enough low cca's

Being a guy and one that hot rods stuff; well a jeeper now lol. I took this as an opportunity to upgrade to a sealed AGM battery.
I don't know what they put in these things must be lead or some thing?? Duh. This sucker weighed at least 60lbs

Attachments

• agm.webp
    agm.webp
    39.4 KB · Views: 276

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine