Wheelin 4 Hope 2018 - Oak Ridge, VA

Weather forecast is starting to get more consistent. Looks like of lots of rain this week to slick everything up and make the creek crossings deeper. The weekend looks great though. Sunny and right about 70 both days if this holds.

It's going to be a great trip 

G Beasley said:
Water levels drop fast up here ...

That they do. I'm just hoping it's sunny. I've never been on the Spring trip without getting partially rained out.

Oh and I have an IPA delivery for you coming from the beach.

Srfnfly227 said:
That they do. I'm just hoping it's sunny. I've never been on the Spring trip without getting partially rained out.

I like other people's IPA!

I am bringing some local stuff as well.

Srfnfly227 said:

There's a fall trip at wheeling for hope??

98 tj sport said:
There's a fall trip at wheeling for hope??

Virginia Fourwheel Drive Association has their annual trail run at Oak Ridge in September. Open to non members and out of state. No affiliation to Wheelin 4 Hope, it just happens to use the same property.

G Beasley said:
I like other people's IPA!

I am bringing some local stuff as well.

We are stopping at a few breweries on the drive up from the beach. We're planning to leave down here before lunch to make a fun day of the drive. Growler fills for the campsite.

What time are you guys planning to get there? We'll probably have pizza up the road from the campsite for dinner.

Srfnfly227 said:
Virginia Fourwheel Drive Association has their annual trail run at Oak Ridge in September. Open to non members and out of state. No affiliation to Wheelin 4 Hope, it just happens to use the same property.

👍  I'll have to look into that might be able to go to that one since that's my birthday month.  And I don't think we have anything planned around that time

The fall ride generally sells out in less than 2 hours iirc.
As a side note circumstances are going to prevent me from crashing the ride this weekend it would appear.

98 tj sport said:
👍  I'll have to look into that might be able to go to that one since that's my birthday month.  And I don't think we have anything planned around that time

As mentioned, the fall ride sells out quick now as well. If you're serious about going, keep an eye out for the registration date and be sure to be at your computer a the time it opens.

September ride is out for me. My daughter's birthday is the 21st, my nephew's and mother in law's is the 23rd, and kid number 2's due date is the 27th. Tough time for me to get away.

amcjeepman said:
The fall ride generally sells out in less than 2 hours iirc.
As a side note circumstances are going to prevent me from crashing the ride this weekend it would appear.
Bummer , I was looking forward to seeing you on the trail.

Srfnfly227 said:
We are stopping at a few breweries on the drive up from the beach. We're planning to leave down here before lunch to make a fun day of the drive. Growler fills for the campsite.

What time are you guys planning to get there? We'll probably have pizza up the road from the campsite for dinner.
We should be there around three or four Friday. We are staying at some cabins over by Crabtree Falls , not sure about dinner yet.

Let the fun begin

Attachments

• 59A6803E-71C9-432A-8C4F-AD94F1898969.webp
    59A6803E-71C9-432A-8C4F-AD94F1898969.webp
    212.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 352CC8FF-B065-4CA2-99A7-F90CAF9FC518.webp
    352CC8FF-B065-4CA2-99A7-F90CAF9FC518.webp
    140 KB · Views: 49
First morning

Attachments

• 1960D9DA-F7E3-43CC-93C6-47376FA4BC5E.webp
    1960D9DA-F7E3-43CC-93C6-47376FA4BC5E.webp