Workout Discussion

Tuesday workout:

abbreviated again. 

incline flies, 65 dumbbells.  17 reps, 12 reps, 10 reps
dips, 10 reps, 10 reps, 12 reps to failure

3 miler this time sans storms.   😀

I know that sometimes gyms, or YMCAs  etc may not be what you want to do but sometimes it is a necessary evil at times. If you get to the gym you will work out and the coast many times makes you go. I am a need gym type if I want structure. There are too many distractions and other things to do around the house to do a consistent workout. We have a new gym in town and it is 10 bucks a month no contract. I can handle that and now that I have my eating under control it is time to take the next step. Jim

redidbull date=1402491904 said:
I know that sometimes gyms, or YMCAs  etc may not be what you want to do but sometimes it is a necessary evil at times. If you get to the gym you will work out and the coast many times makes you go. I am a need gym type if I want structure. There are too many distractions and other things to do around the house to do a consistent workout. We have a new gym in town and it is 10 bucks a month no contract. I can handle that and now that I have my eating under control it is time to take the next step. Jim
I like going to a gym , but so far I have been a house warrior !

Todays workout . 20 pushups , 30 crunches , 100 bicycles ,20 pushups , 30 crunches , 100 bicycles , 10 pushups , 30 crunches , 100 bicycles , 10 back lifts , 5 shaky push ups ...  😀

What I will be doing until October. Obviously increasing weight after each 10 week period.
http://tsampa.org/training/scripts/coan_phillipi_deadlift/?curmax=225&targetmax=255&type=lbs&submit=Calculate

Took a week off for vacation, back at it today...

Bench

set 1) 135lbs 10 times
set 2) 155lbs 12 times
set 3) 135lbs 10 times

Pull ups
set 1) 20

set 2) 10
set 3)

Push ups
2 sets of 20

incline situps
4 sets of 10

leg lifts (hold onto pull up bar, lift legs up to make your body into a 'L' shape)
4 sets of 5

did some curls as well, dont remember the weights or numbers

Felt weak/winded today, too much beer on my week off  [monkey]

Today was a good day .

20 push ups , 30 crunches , 100 bicycles , 10 back lifts , 20 push ups , 30 crunches , 100 bicycles , 10 back lifts , 10 push ups , 30 crunches, 100 bicycles , 10 back lifts , 10 leg lifts , 10 push ups .

Yesterday was officially the last day of workout for a few.  We will be leaving for CT Monday morn.  Vacation, eating way too much (already partaking that), and general slackery.  "They" say it's good to take an occasional break anyway....right?   😀

badmonkey date=1402804441 said:
Yesterday was officially the last day of workout for a few.  We will be leaving for CT Monday morn.  Vacation, eating way too much (already partaking that), and general slackery.  "They" say it's good to take an occasional break anyway....right?   😀
I was crippled tonight at the Grand Floridian 1900 Place ... going to have to double down on tomorrow mornings workout . I did eat sensibly for breakfast and lunch , so that made dinner a little less stressful .

ShaunSweeney said:
13+ mile bike ride through Stowe, VT today with Jenny.
Cross country or lift assisted ?

ShaunSweeney date=1402971458 said:
Paved trail.

Today was hiking at Smugglers Notch in VT.

I walked from 8:20 A.M. until 1:20 A.M. yesterday at Disney . I was so sore I skipped this mornings workout . Tomorrow is going to be more of the same at Animal Kingdom and Epcot . I do plan on working out tomorrow morning before we head out .

I told you it was a workout. I think I like Epcot the best. More shows than rides. Probably Animal Kingdom is my least favorite but we had a bad experience there with temps in the upper 90's and brutal humid. It was so bad the misters mist wasn't even hitting the ground. Beautiful park though. Enjoy. Jim

We were at Animal Kingdom at 7 AM this morning and we had a blast other than the super grumpy cast . We got in early because we are staying here and we got to ride a lot of stuff with no lines , and then used our fast passes for stuff that would be busy later .

I am rearranging a few reservations ( on hold) and then we are heading to Epcot for the afternoon and Hollywood studios tonight . Off to Miami tomorrow .

Myself and a bunch of guys at work are in a weight lifting class, we are doing a little competition that the trainer calls the 'Man-Tathalon'

5 exercises with a perfect score of 100, you run down the list with about a 2 min break in-between each exercise to catch your breath.  Each rep is worth 1 point, and you cant stop or let go of the weights, you go until you cant do anymore or until you reach 20.

20 reps of body weight on bench press
20 reps of pullups
20 reps of overhead press using half body weight
20 reps of dips using 1/4 body weight strapped to you (i had a 40lb weight strapped to me)
20 reps of curls using half body weight 

The first time i tried it i got a 66, this time around i got an 86.  Pretty happy with my progress

ShaunSweeney date=1403246582 said:
The last few days have been a combo of working outside on the Jeep and bike, walking the dogs,mand riding the motorcycle.
Sounds like a rough workout  😀

RokAddict85 date=1403126340 said:
The 'Man-Tathalon'

5 exercises with a perfect score of 100, you run down the list with about a 2 min break in-between each exercise to catch your breath.  Each rep is worth 1 point, and you cant stop or let go of the weights, you go until you cant do anymore or until you reach 20.

20 reps of body weight on bench press
20 reps of pullups
20 reps of overhead press using half body weight
20 reps of dips using 1/4 body weight strapped to you (i had a 40lb weight strapped to me)
20 reps of curls using half body weight
Well that's interesting. I guess anyone else who tries this should post up their height and weight. I would imagine it's tougher for the tall crowd. I'll have to give it a try.

👍

REDLYNER date=1403267995 said:
Well that's interesting. I guess anyone else who tries this should post up their height and weight. I would imagine it's tougher for the tall crowd. I'll have to give it a try.

👍

I'm 5'10 and 165 lbs

We did have a guy get a perfect score, and another guy get a 99 (who weighed in at 220lbs, very impressive)

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine