Workout Discussion

jscusmcvet date=1403279900 said:
Here's your ticket:

http://www.spartan.com/workout-of-the-day/30-30-30/

Sing up and get the Workout of the Day from Spartan Race.  Do what you can.  It removes having to design a workout for yourself and usually only takes a little bit of time compared to traditional workout.

John
Hmm... I like this. I've pretty much sticking to my diet for the last month, and while I feel better, I've only lost 6lbs. I think I could definitely fit this into my morning routine.

They have a food of the day also.  Good wewbsite to spend some time on whether you think you'll ever do a spartan race or not.

John

My Wife and I went out for a bike ride yesterday. It was a short ride but a ride, Legs a bit ouch today. We were at a fund raiser Saturday and won a 3 month free gym membership. Looks like I have no excuse any more. Jim

redidbull date=1403522573 said:
My Wife and I went out for a bike ride yesterday. It was a short ride but a ride, Legs a bit ouch today. We were at a fund raiser Saturday and won a 3 month free gym membership. Looks like I have no excuse any more. Jim
Time to do some work Jim !

I picked up 5 lbs while we were on vacation , so I need to follow my own advice .  😉

Back up to speed after vacation .

20 push ups , 30 crunches , 100 bicycles , 5 leg lifts , 15 push ups , 30 crunches , 100 bicycles , 5 leg lifts , 15 push ups , 30 crunches , 5 leg lifts , 10 push ups . Hard to believe that I started out with just 10 push ups back on May 12th . Best of all I am still losing weight . 2 more pounds and I will have lost 40 pounds .

Great job G.  Glad you're getting good results from your hard work.    

I've neglected updating this thread this week.  We were on vacation last week so I had a few days off.  Recovery in mind, body, and soul is a good thing.   8)   Hit the gym hard this week.  Everything but my hair is sore.   😀   Yesterday it seemed the heat and humidity (90ish on both counts) would take it's toll on the run, yet I set a personal best 5k in 25:27.  Leaving better than arrival: mission accomplished.   🙂

badmonkey date=1403970736 said:
Great job G.  Glad you're getting good results from your hard work.  

I've neglected updating this thread this week.  We were on vacation last week so I had a few days off.  Recovery in mind, body, and soul is a good thing.   8)   Hit the gym hard this week.  Everything but my hair is sore.   😀   Yesterday it seemed the heat and humidity (90ish on both counts) would take it's toll on the run, yet I set a personal best 5k in 25:27.  Leaving better than arrival: mission accomplished.   🙂
Its rough getting back from vacation , but I think the break helped me too . Congrats on the run , thats not something I plan on working into my routine  😀

ShaunSweeney date=1404097241 said:
I've been crazy busy lately doing a bunch of manual labor type stuff. Hence no workouts per se.
I had to skip this morning after yesterdays workout and the ride . I will be back on it tomorrow morning though .

Yesterday: 

curls with emphasis on supination, 40lb dumbbells, 4 x10.
tricep pulldowns, cable machine, rope handle, 140lbs  4 x 10
cable curls, rope handle, supination pulling handles apart  60 lb 3 x 10

3 mile run

20 push ups , 30 crunches , 100 bikes , 5 leg lifts , 20 push ups , 30 crunches , 100 bikes , 5 leg lifts , 10 push ups , 30 crunches , 100 bikes , 5 leg lifts , 11 push ups . I was trying to add a few more pushups , but I was done thats why its 11.

Yesterday:

100lbs on pec deck, 4x10 slow
decline pushups, slow 3x15
flies, supinated, 50 dumbbells, 3x10

3.2 mile run

Keep up the good work G.  Those numbers are huge compared to when you started.   👍

G Beasley date=1404255565 said:
20 push ups , 30 crunches , 100 bikes , 5 leg lifts , 20 push ups , 30 crunches , 100 bikes , 5 leg lifts , 10 push ups , 30 crunches , 100 bikes , 5 leg lifts , 11 push ups . I was trying to add a few more pushups , but I was done thats why its 11.
Same thing this morning though I am trying to get to 70 push ups total .

ShaunSweeney said:
Two straight days of manual labor on the jeep in 90+ heat while sick. I'm feeling pretty wiped and have to work tonight.
Yuck , being sick and wrenching in the heat at the same time is awful .

badmonkey said:
Yesterday:

100lbs on pec deck, 4x10 slow
decline pushups, slow 3x15
flies, supinated, 50 dumbbells, 3x10

3.2 mile run

Keep up the good work G.  Those numbers are huge compared to when you started.  👍
Thanks B ! I dont even know what some of the stuff your doing is !

1: 30 push ups , 50 crunches , 100 bicycles , 5 leg lifts .
2: 20 push ups , 40 crunches , 100 bicycles , 5 leg lifts .
3: 15 push ups , 30 crunches , 100 bicycles , 5 leg lifts .
4: 15 push ups .

My sets are getting longer and I am up to 80 pushups now ! 20 more to go until I hit that goal . I want to get to where I am doing four full sets for a while and eventually to five . I feel stronger than I have in a long time , and after a week on the road I am still at my lowest weight so far . My weight loss has sort of plateaued and I am hovering at 38lbs lost . I want those next two pounds BAD ! Off to ride bikes with Hannah this morning , and then some light grilling tonight .

Gotta chime in here and say that on Friday I ran my fastest 5k in 20 years.  26:00 was the official time.  Slow by most standards, but when you are built somewhere between a dwarf and a hobbit... I guess I am happy.  Also this week started my training plan for my second marathon, October 18th, Medoc Mountain State Park.  Three weeks after that will be my son and my second tough mudder.  It is important for me to have something to train for, keeps me on track, well sometimes anyway.

John

jscusmcvet date=1404612181 said:
Gotta chime in here and say that on Friday I ran my fastest 5k in 20 years.  26:00 was the official time.  Slow by most standards, but when you are built somewhere between a dwarf and a hobbit... I guess I am happy.  Also this week started my training plan for my second marathon, October 18th, Medoc Mountain State Park.  Three weeks after that will be my son and my second tough mudder.  It is important for me to have something to train for, keeps me on track, well sometimes anyway.

John
Congrats on the personal record . I dont run so I would have troubles keeping up with you . Hannah and I did ride 5.25 miles of flowing single track at Country Park today in Greensboro . Between that and the workout this morning I am pretty fried !

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine