2020 Gladiator

G Beasley said:
I would like to see an extended cab version.

This so much

As my life might be needing a backseat in the next few years, I think I have come to the conclusion I will own a 4 door Jeep PU.

LowJ said:
This so much

As my life might be needing a backseat in the next few years, I think I have come to the conclusion I will own a 4 door Jeep PU.
Easy big fellah ,lets get the marrying part done first! Congrats by the way!!

So i got to watch a gladiator on the trail...they are pretty long when you are used to a 2 door TJ, even on 40's!  Would be a pretty sweet daily driver as they sure are comfy (sat in a few different models).

RokAddict85 said:
So i got to watch a gladiator on the trail...they are pretty long when you are used to a 2 door TJ, even on 40's!  Would be a pretty sweet daily driver as they sure are comfy (sat in a few different models).
How bad did the rear drag?

G Beasley said:
How bad did the rear drag?

Honestly it was the break over angle that was worse.  Here's the two door, i would totally be in for one if they make it.

Attachments

• 20190416_191121.webp
    20190416_191121.webp
    225.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 20190416_191103.webp
    20190416_191103.webp
    137 KB · Views: 92
I dig the two door , but would like a small extended cab. Guess we need to hire [member=8]Hendrix[/member] to make us custom trucks!

So this was out at Moab, its EVOs custom Gladiator on 40's.  Really like the work they put in on it, super nice setup and I actually like the height it has due to the length of it.  Still the break over angle would be tough for me to get used to, and the length would be hard to deal with in the South with tree lined tight trails.  Super nice setup....hopefully Jeep listens and puts out a 2 door (I would do a lot of what he did, minus all the over landing bits).

One cool thing...he raised the brackets on the rear axle up a few inches, better ground clearance and also keeps the short arms level at ride height, event with a larger amount of lift.  I dragged my long arms quite a bit out there, this seems like a great way to go.  Also running evo drop brackets with short/mid arms up front, so keeps the belly nice and flat, which is needed when its that long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKn5QuljPKg

G Beasley said:
Has it been bobbed or do the bigger tires really make it look like it has that much less overhang?

They removed rear tire that was underneath, removed trailer hitch, and shortened it with a new high clearance bumper.  Departure angle is 42 degrees now on 40's lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OumBf8R_2wo

This is more the build video...
Jump to 1min 20, he walks you through all the mods they did, and talks about the products they are designing that will be coming out for the JT too.

I had one as a rental car not too long ago. I was really impressed with the ride. It felt huge to me in tight places, especially while parking. That said, I think that was just perception on my part since I?m used to smaller vehicles.

Srfnfly227 said:
I had one as a rental car not too long ago. I was really impressed with the ride. It felt huge to me in tight places, especially while parking. That said, I think that was just perception on my part since I?m used to smaller vehicles.

Parking is different. I park in a garage with about 4? of clearance on all sides. Was hard, now I?m used to it. Parking in a lot is easy now. Plus the camera really helps.

Attachments

• A5DB646B-420A-446F-9EF0-393A90A77B45.webp
    A5DB646B-420A-446F-9EF0-393A90A77B45.webp
    43.4 KB · Views: 59

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine