Dezert's 06 LJ Rubicon

I should have front and rear RE Superflex uppers coming in this week. Gets me that much closer to a Tummy tuck. Couldn't say no to $80 shipped for the 4

Dezerttj said:
I should have front and rear RE Superflex uppers coming in this week. Gets me that much closer to a Tummy tuck. Couldn't say no to $80 shipped for the 4
I have never used them , do they hold up?

G Beasley said:
I have never used them , do they hold up?

The bushings are terrible, but out of the 4 arms, there are 2 bushings. Otherwise they're the RE flex joints (Which are able to be swapped to JJ down the road)

Dezerttj said:
The bushings are terrible, but out of the 4 arms, there are 2 bushings. Otherwise they're the RE flex joints (Which are able to be swapped to JJ down the road)
Its nice that they can be swapped over to JJ's.

LowJ said:
For up to 10k miles or 3 offroad trips. 

Basically. I needed uppers and these only have 2 bushings, which in past experiences (XJ) have been alright enough for me to run them. I'll be rebuilding the 4 arms when they come in. I'll at least get some life out of them

My oem arms are in terrible shape. This will help

LowJ said:
For up to 10k miles or 3 offroad trips. 
Ouch !

Dezerttj said:
Basically. I needed uppers and these only have 2 bushings, which in past experiences (XJ) have been alright enough for me to run them. I'll be rebuilding the 4 arms when they come in. I'll at least get some life out of them

My oem arms are in terrible shape. This will help
Start saving for new joints...

Some not so great news. Opened the RE arms today and found the stud thread for the adjustable section to have been worn down on the rear uppers so it can't be tightened. Maybe they can be rethreaded? I'm not sure, but at least the front uppers are in good shape from what I've seen

The adjustable section in the middle. The joint is in good shape, but the shank on the arm has basically lost it's threads

I'll post a picture when I get home to explain what I'm talking about

This shows them worn down

Attachments

• CAM01308.webp
    CAM01308.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 127
  • CAM01309.webp
    CAM01309.webp
    14 KB · Views: 125
I could try that, but I'm worried about the loss of metal not being able to hold the joint on. If nothing else works, I could sleeve the arms and throw a threaded insert on there to run JJs

Just contacted RE looking for the thread pitch for these arms. I'll try the die. Hopefully that's enough to run them. I got all the joints off today and cleaned the arms up. Everything else is in great shape and only 1 of the superflex joints is sort of loose and the bushings need replacement. Not too bad. The front uppers are ready to go in once I get the time

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine