Dezert's 06 LJ Rubicon

Mmm.... chunky. The rear locker has had some troubles locking for some time now. May be this.

Attachments

• 20230918_184530.webp
    20230918_184530.webp
    221.9 KB · Views: 24
  • 20230918_192016.webp
    20230918_192016.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 21
He lives in Flagstaff so they get winter up there. A Detroit would be sketchy AF!
Meh. I live in the salt belt. I have driven my rigs in the snow/ice with Detroit's before and I didn't die, nor have a sketchy moment. I will admit it may not be as ideal as something actuated by air or wire - less possibility for failure though if you ask me.

have driven my rigs in the snow/ice with Detroit's before and I didn't die, nor have a sketchy moment.
Sames. Drove a Samurai locked front and rear for decades. No one came for my soul. Not sure why that's such a huge, persistent internet urban legend. So far all accounts are as anecdotal as the Ferris Beuller scene. Or maybe I'm just a failure at fucking up too. 😂

To be clear, yeah, the ass will pass the front if ya cut and gun. But that was gonna happen anyway. 😁

I need to do some research before I decide on the locker. I thought about the Detroit or Yukon grizzly for cost and durability, but I know I'll miss the ability to select which locker is engaged. An e-locker would be nice and is my preferred style, but an air locker isn't out of the question.

Ox , ARB or Eaton are all solid choices though the Eaton is not built as heavily as I would like to see. The Auburn Ected is no bueno as it never fully goes open. Its a very aggressive limited slip when its open.

Case lockers are simpler but can push in the correct conditions. I rocked spools in a lot of my older rigs and other than a barking tire on tighter turns they were fine.

I need to do some research before I decide on the locker. I thought about the Detroit or Yukon grizzly for cost and durability, but I know I'll miss the ability to select which locker is engaged. An e-locker would be nice and is my preferred style, but an air locker isn't out of the question.
I’ve been pleased with my arb and with our tight trails and your wheelbase being open in the rear has its advantages

Is your junk back together??

Doing the back way to Crown King Tuesday morning if you are off and want to join us?

It’s been a minute since I’ve seen you!

Is your junk back together??

Doing the back way to Crown King Tuesday morning if you are off and want to join us?

It’s been a minute since I’ve seen you!

Not yet, still trying to figure out who can install the gears and locker. Scheduling has been difficult since no one in Flag does this type of work, so I will most likely have to tow it to Prescott or Phoenix. I'm a bit late in responding to this, so I hope you had a good day on the trail. I'll be in Spain until the 2nd.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine