Dezert's 06 LJ Rubicon

Texas TJ said:
Up the wheel size, up the tire size. 37s it is  😀

🤫

Screenshot_20230329_150957_Chrome.webp

Supposed to arrive Friday. Impatiently awaiting their arrival.

I've been reading raving reviews about Kenda's offroad tire lineup, especially the Kenda R/T, which is becoming very popular with the JL/JT crowd in the 35x10.5r17 variant. Their original MT was around for a long time and seemed to get good reviews. Their new MT2 was announced in 2021 at SEMA and followed similar characteristics to the R/T, but just now started to get released. I took a gamble with Kenda since this is such a new tire, so I'm hoping it works out. It was between Kenda, Patagonia, or Kanati mud hogs. Kenda seemed to get the most praise from users and they came in a D load range instead of the common E.

A lot of the Toyota guys run the Klevers because they offer a pizza cutter. I?ve only heard good things about them, I was thinking of getting a set for my Taco next go around.

green50gt said:
Hey Craig, what diff cover were you using with that old tie rod?  Did you have any interference issues?

Stock cover. Clearance wise, it was very similar to a currie tie rod in size, therefore whatever diff cover fits with a currie system may also work with this tie rod.

Tires and wheels are on. Quite a change from 35s. It's snowing now, so I'll take it for a spin tomorrow. Needs gears and fenders next

20230330_194904.webp

Looks great Craig!  Till I bought a new LJ my LJ was going to get 37's - I suppose I better wait now.

Since I sure do LOVE your hand me downs...  I would be interested in your flares when you take them off.  😀  😀

green50gt said:
Looks great Craig!  Till I bought a new LJ my LJ was going to get 37's - I suppose I better wait now.

Since I sure do LOVE your hand me downs...  I would be interested in your flares when you take them off.  😀  😀

Occasionally, I wheel by braille, so they're not in the best shape. I'll let you know though when I change things up

Hard Line Rob said:
Did you ever regear your axles?  If not how are the 4:10/37?s doing at altitude?

I haven't regeared yet, still rocking the 4.10s. It's sluggish. I use 1st a lot more than I did on 35s, and staying in 5th is better for 65-70 highway speeds than 6th is. It'll still move along fine, but definitely needs gears. I need to contact some shops down in the valley to get some regear quotes and see what the damage is. Torn between 4.88 or 5.13 at the moment. 4.88s put the rpms near what it was stock, but would 5.13s be better for the added weight and being underpowered at altitude?

I can?t imagine ever going back to ?stock? ratio. I was never happy with the feel. 33s made it a lot better on road. 35s have made me really happy off road. I?m still happy on road, but I live in a flat area at sea level.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine