LJ's are the Debil

G Beasley date=1406378520 said:
 You guys are lucky to live out there , one day . Mike where are you this weekend ?
Most likely he is on the side of a mountain somewhere with no service  👍

G Beasley date=1406378520 said:
 You guys are lucky to live out there , one day . Mike where are you this weekend ?

Tim was right  👍  haha.

I was in boulder hiking Bear Peak...no pics as the GF hurt her knee on the hike and it was over 3 hours just to hike out. Ones of those trips that makes you remember how helpless you can be if you really get hurt in the backcountry. Luckily I was able to assist her the whole way down [monkey] I was planning to hike a 14er this weekend but thunderstorm forecasts ruined that camping/summit plan. Next weekend I hope.

gspup date=1406560533 said:
Tim was right  👍  haha.

I was in boulder hiking Bear Peak...no pics as the GF hurt her knee on the hike and it was over 3 hours just to hike out. Ones of those trips that makes you remember how helpless you can be if you really get hurt in the backcountry. Luckily I was able to assist her the whole way down [monkey] I was planning to hike a 14er this weekend but thunderstorm forecasts ruined that camping/summit plan. Next weekend I hope.
She doing ok now?

The_Eng date=1406561396 said:
She doing ok now?

Yes, thanks.

Her knee is slowly feeling better, it wasn't anything really serious like an MCL or ACL but she was definitely in some pain. She's had minor knee issues off an on since she was younger and sometimes the longer hikes really take a toll, while other times they are completely fine.

gspup date=1406563518 said:
Yes, thanks.

Her knee is slowly feeling better, it wasn't anything really serious like an MCL or ACL but she was definitely in some pain. She's had minor knee issues off an on since she was younger and sometimes the longer hikes really take a toll, while other times they are completely fine.
Would a knee brace help ? Bummer about the lack of pics ...

ShaunSweeney date=1406585757 said:
It's crazy how one wrong step can put you in a bad situation while outdoors. Glad she is ok and you made it out without incident.

Yup, keeps things in perspective for sure !

G Beasley date=1406592520 said:
Would a knee brace help ? Bummer about the lack of pics ...

She has 2 knee braces that she was wearing...thinking maybe it's time for more physical therapy and maybe a MRI $$$  [monkey]

It's weird because some hikes she feels no pain and others she is limping out. And she only comes on the really 'easy' hikes.

gspup date=1406647868 said:
Yup, keeps things in perspective for sure !

She has 2 knee braces that she was wearing...thinking maybe it's time for more physical therapy and maybe a MRI $$$  [monkey]

It's weird because some hikes she feels no pain and others she is limping out. And she only comes on the really 'easy' hikes.

Sounds like bad news  :-[

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine