Moabrubi's Rubicon

Well she an 05 with cali emissions. I thought it was a 1 piece but now I that I read I guess its 2.

And the 2 is quite expensive. I can see how its a better design and less prone to cracking so ill have to investigate where the tick is.

Moabrubi said:
Well she an 05 with cali emissions. I thought it was a 1 piece but now I that I read I guess its 2.

And the 2 is quite expensive. I can see how its a better design and less prone to cracking so ill have to investigate where the tick is.

I guess mine had the two piece manifold too.  It?s an 01? and original California Jeep.

You should be able to see some thin black lines where the manifold is cracked if it's cracked. Or get one of those smoke machines to test it.

That said I don't think the two piece ones crack all that often. Hell, I ran a two piece set from the junk yard. There are usually a lot of them in the junk yard and on eBay for not awful prices. The manifold is the same for all the 4.0L 00-06, even on the grands. 00 with non California emissions has the dual manifolds with the single cat down the line & 00 w/cali emissions is the same with the mini cats, but those are part of the next pipe.

The main thing to look for in a used set is the piece that ties the 3 "tubes" together on each manifold sometimes is cracked

Edit: Ebay has them for ~$60 a piece

Well my maintenance day just went to shit. Despite following the torque specs (or so I thought) I cracked the transmission housing at the drain plug. It wasn?t even set all the way into the housing when it cracked.

I don?t know what to do now.

Attachments

• 9F95EC9E-4C7A-453B-887B-782BEE11FCA8.webp
    9F95EC9E-4C7A-453B-887B-782BEE11FCA8.webp
    78.7 KB · Views: 28
Yeah just feel like a bonehead.  After some thought I decided JB weld. JB weld is setting right now. Hopefully with that and some thread sealant it will not leak.

Thats some pooey luck with the A/C. Have you tried the sniffer? Helped me a lot.

Night run. Was pretty fun admittedly ive never purposely done a night run. I kinda want some nice led headlights and maybe some rock lights now.

Decided to bring my welder this trip and ended up using it twice. Ran into a group that had a busted rough country radius arm  and my buddies lockright busted so we welded it together. Don?t ever buy rough country it wasn?t even DOM tube it was some junk cast tubing or something.

Are trucklites still the go to led headlight?

Attachments

• 2FD1643B-B94B-4B0F-ADC7-0D6CC606C26C.webp
    2FD1643B-B94B-4B0F-ADC7-0D6CC606C26C.webp
    135.6 KB · Views: 27
G Beasley said:
KC gravity?s are way better than the Trucklites but I have had to warranty six of them.

Better in terms of light output? 6 warranties is a little concerning is it an ongoing problem or something they finally resolved? I was looking at the KC?s as well actually but they are more expensive then the trucklite.

Light quality is much better , more natural if that makes sense? The high beam is much brighter as well. The ones I have were on my wife?s JK and they randomly flicker out and die. KC has sent new ones but they are starting to push back and tried to blame the factory harness last time.

Trucklites are great, JW speaker is phenomenal, VisionX are amazing as well... All in all, best bang for your buck is in Trucklites, in my opinion.
Procomp makes a decent light, but I can?t speak for its longevity.

Yeah im not exactly trying to spend 5 or 700 dollars on headlights. Trucklites arent bad at 300. I was thinking of going cheap and trying the chinese knockoff trucklites that are 100 but not too sure about those.

I do have H4?s in there i feel like i could just change the bulb to match the lightbar color too.

Moabrubi said:
Yeah im not exactly trying to spend 5 or 700 dollars on headlights. Trucklites arent bad at 300. I was thinking of going cheap and trying the chinese knockoff trucklites that are 100 but not too sure about those.

I do have H4?s in there i feel like i could just change the bulb to match the lightbar color too.

I?ve tried a lot of cheap lights, and they always end up with flicker, dying early, get moisture inside or some combination of the above.
You can use superbrightleds.com and get a pair of LED bulbs for your housings and I?ve had a good experience with them. Pretty cheap and they hold up well enough. Personally, every Jeep I?ve owned personally and the majority of builds I?ve done have had Trucklites or JW Speaker with no issues, hence those are what I typically recommend, even though there isn?t much room for markup on my end.

Phillips Extreme Vision +130  H4 bulbs. You'll notice a improvement. Personally, I like the cutoff point on my Hella E-code housing, and the color temp of those bulbs.

bobthetj03 said:
Phillips Extreme Vision +130  H4 bulbs. You'll notice a improvement. Personally, I like the cutoff point on my Hella E-code housing, and the color temp of those bulbs.

That's the setup I'm running as well. Definitely an improvement over stock.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine