Mossy!

Well today was kind of a flop, well the last few days has been. I pulled off the stock intake tube, it ripped. We took the power steering reservoir off, it broke. Seems like plastic and rubber items are weak..

Anywho, we thought the power steering reservoir was just cracked so we took it all apart and threw a new used reservoir at it, put it all back together. Started it up.. that sounds funny. Insert puking fluid. So, the pump must have been pushed back, so it’s done for.

A nice feller gave Degan a throttle body spacer, so after I grab some gaskets we will work on that next.

He’s got a pretty bad water leak on the drivers side. Had to rip the carpet out. We’ve got to hose test that.

Sold the hitch, sold the rear bumper. Got 98-02 style airbag, pass airbag, airbag module, grill wiring harness, and tb spacer.

Does anyone have a old clock spring laying around? I need the airbag plug please!!! @RokAddict85 @G Beasley

Attachments

• IMG_5523.webp
    IMG_5523.webp
    636.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5524.webp
    IMG_5524.webp
    231.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5494.webp
    IMG_5494.webp
    159.1 KB · Views: 12
I still have the full column from the jeep I parted out. Pretty sure clock spring is broken after many years of full hydro, but if you just need a plug I should have it. I'll look tonight and let you know

I still have the full column from the jeep I parted out. Pretty sure clock spring is broken after many years of full hydro, but if you just need a plug I should have it. I'll look tonight and let you know

Thank you so much! Yep, I just need the airbag plug!

Did the kiddo make up his mind on the savvy GTS? Never heard back from you.

Sorry bro. I don't see him too much this time of year due to his school commitments. Going to hold off ATM on that bad boy and focus on getting some of the front end parts around. Thanks lovie!

Passenger airbag is 3 bolts, drilling a spot weld, and dropping the windshield frame from coming out. I had to cut out the grab bar, so now that to the list of things I have broken and or damaged during this project

Next, Throttle body spacer installed, hardcore import coupler installed on the intake tube since I broke it, new power steering pump installed and bled.

Going up to Detroit this weekend to visit a feller I met on instagram that is giving Degan a crap ton of parts for the rebuild. Super excited for that!

Attachments

• IMG_5575.webp
    IMG_5575.webp
    193.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5574.webp
    IMG_5574.webp
    486.4 KB · Views: 14
Quick trip up into MI netted me a spice dash, door surrounds, 4.0 fan shroud, drivers rear Sahara flare for $100. I’ll sell off the door surrounds and have almost nothing into my find.

Snagged the airbag cover, airbag, and grab handle. It’s 20 shades of tan, but whatever. Boom.

Attachments

• IMG_5580.webp
    IMG_5580.webp
    239.8 KB · Views: 14
The ride to Detroit was fruitful, a nice feller gave Degan a hood, both front fenders, front bumper, radiator, clutch slave cylinder cap, and a coolant overflow bottle. Unfortunately the clutch slave cylinder was a bust as it didn't fit.

After Detroit we went an hour west to look at a set of green full doors that my buddy had that was willing to trade for Degan's half doors. Unfortunately they were not the same green, but had rust. So he decided to keep the halfies.

All he needs for the interior is that airbag plug that we're having a hard time finding, or a clock spring.

We need a grill and a drivers side headlight bucket then I think we've got almost everything we need for the front clip - well minus Rubi/Sahara flares.

So it's coming along!

Attachments

• IMG_5590.webp
    IMG_5590.webp
    640.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5591.webp
    IMG_5591.webp
    668.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5600.webp
    IMG_5600.webp
    646.7 KB · Views: 12
We’re good for now. Said half doors are taking on water - and a lot of it, so not sure what’s up with that.

Otherwise, i forgot we do need a clutch fan.

We’re good for now. Said half doors are taking on water - and a lot of it, so not sure what’s up with that.

Otherwise, i forgot we do need a clutch fan.
I had to get the clutch fan for Billy's from Autozone as I couldnt find a good used one.

Well this has been slow going - Degan went from Marching band right into Wrestling - AND hes got a girliefriend so this hasnt done much.

Another instagrammer hooked him up with a slightly damaged grill with headlight/buckets so we have that in there. We need to run a few bolts into the grill to hold it together and its ready for the frame shop.

Finally got the horn and airbag all wired up so the interior is all done. Big thanks to @RokAddict85 for the airbag and horn wires!! Thanks man!

Lastly, case in point. Degan was at his first wrestling meet this weekend, an all out dog fight as you can see. 12 hours and 6 matches. He has a problem with his nose - we may have to have it cauterized. But anywho. This brings us up to date!

Attachments

• IMG_5721.webp
    IMG_5721.webp
    571.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5856.webp
    IMG_5856.webp
    268.9 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5835.webp
    IMG_5835.webp
    211.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5815.webp
    IMG_5815.webp