Mossy!

I am a little lacking here... Whoopsies.

Well, this nice young lady thing is a thing of the past - they are no longer.

Next, the Jeep went off to the frame shop...

It's done now. It was kinked up pretty bad - much worse than I thought. BUT, they have it about as strait as they can get it. My buddy thinks that it will align just fine. Both motor mounts are broke, but the super not ideal news is that 2 of the 3 drivers side motor mount tabs are broken off the block... So we will need this:

Attachments

• IMG_6905.webp
    IMG_6905.webp
    722.8 KB · Views: 13
Jeep is back. Frame looks so much better - front end lines up great. Both motor mounts broke and the drivers side block 2 or the 3 mount bosses snapped. So I’m after a fix it mount or whatever you call it from brown dog.

Anybody have a pair of factory motor mounts?

Attachments

• IMG_6041.webp
    IMG_6041.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6040.webp
    IMG_6040.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6029.webp
    IMG_6029.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Pretty sure I still have my old clutch fan… I found it after buying a new one.

Sorry finally got busy at work so I forgot about the kids needs. Horrible I know.

I may have some motor mounts. I'll look Monday if you haven't found any yet.
Thank you sir! Actually we just got some!

Rough deal on the motor mounts busting on the block .

IKR! We will make it worth tho.

Big shout out to Uncle Rob! Thank you for the hookup on the parts @Florpro you super made my kids day!

Attachments

• IMG_6278.webp
    IMG_6278.webp
    695.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6275.webp
    IMG_6275.webp
    381 KB · Views: 17
Well the Brown Dog motor plate is in, but this alignment is a problem... Not fault of Brown Dog of course - that's what you get when your frame rail was pushed back a couple inches. We've pulled the whole drive train backwards about a 1/2 and it's better, but it's still significantly off.

Frankly, I am not sure what we're going to do. I don't have a welder. I think we can get it back far enough so that the bolt closest to the frame will be lined up, but the other one is still wont be. I can either notch the bracket and bend it forward - figure out how to reweld. Put a 1/4" plate on top and bolt the motor mount to the plate and bolt the plate to the mount?

@RokAddict85 what would you do? ( assume cut the whole dang thing off and reweld it)

Attachments

• IMG_6350.webp
    IMG_6350.webp
    573.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine