The Project... barely.

Side note: this housing market blows for buyers. We found a phenomenal house with 3 acres and a 30?x40? outbuilding, and offered 16k over asking (which was already high). Lost out because we didn?t include appraisal gap clause.

moredock_31 said:
Side note: this housing market blows for buyers. We found a phenomenal house with 3 acres and a 30?x40? outbuilding, and offered 16k over asking (which was already high). Lost out because we didn?t include appraisal gap clause.

Cost of lumber is back to normal , build what you want. If you can be your own general contractor you can save a lot of money if you can find good subs.

I?ll be placing an order for a few things within the next few days
- 37x12.5r17 Falken Wildpeak AT (x5)
- 17x9 ProComp 7069 (x5)
- Ten Factory Chromoly F/R Shafts

Shortly thereafter will be grabbing a regear kit from ECGS.. likely going with 4.88 (unless someone has suggestions otherwise) and a local shop will be installing.

Let me tell you about it...  Not bragging to be clear, but let me give you this one.  We've been trying to buy something for dare I say two years, after MULTIPLE getting bought out under us or whatever weird situation, we got down to us and someone else.  It should have been a slam dunk - divorce sale, we got in via word of mouth, made an offer with the wife - turned out we KNEW like personally knew the husband.  He wanted to take it to a realtor - why Ill never know...

We offered 25k over asking price on a house, non contingent offer, as-is inspection, negotiable closing and move in. 

Other offer had a contingent offer, full inspection, no cash out of pocket - i.e. if the house appraised for lower they wouldn't pay anything, and they wanted it done in 30 days.  They bid 27k over asking price.

Slam dunk right?  Would you want someone who can A pay out of pocket, B have an as-is inspection, C work with you on closing(wife had 60 days to get out), but take 2k less? 

GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR.  Ours is TURN-KEY, like everything is brand new, we're ready to stick a sign in the front yard.  Cant find anything.  🙁

green50gt said:
Let me tell you about it...  Not bragging to be clear, but let me give you this one.  We've been trying to buy something for dare I say two years, after MULTIPLE getting bought out under us or whatever weird situation, we got down to us and someone else.  It should have been a slam dunk - divorce sale, we got in via word of mouth, made an offer with the wife - turned out we KNEW like personally knew the husband.  He wanted to take it to a realtor - why Ill never know...

We offered 25k over asking price on a house, non contingent offer, as-is inspection, negotiable closing and move in. 

Other offer had a contingent offer, full inspection, no cash out of pocket - i.e. if the house appraised for lower they wouldn't pay anything, and they wanted it done in 30 days.  They bid 27k over asking price.

Slam dunk right?  Would you want someone who can A pay out of pocket, B have an as-is inspection, C work with you on closing(wife had 60 days to get out), but take 2k less? 

GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR.  Ours is TURN-KEY, like everything is brand new, we're ready to stick a sign in the front yard.  Cant find anything.  🙁

Man.. I?d be fuming. This market is crazy. Hopefully we both can find something! 👏🏽

I understand the waiting 2 years, believe me.
However, If it were me I'd wait because we're coming towards the end of the bubble.

Paying $25k over on an already inflated price is going to suck for you when the bubble crashes and you're upside down  $50k.

My wife and I had three homes and now have two, we want to sell both then move to our retirement house, I want to build since I'm retired now.
With me doing about 80% of all the work and being the General contractor it still isn't feasible.
If we sell we'd be ahead until it comes time to replace what we have and that's the rub.

G Beasley said:
Lead times on everything is nuts as of late.

We?ve had to delay many of our upcoming store openings due to shortages in raw materials. You?ve gotta think this can?t continue too much longer, but who knows 🤷🏽???

Swapped in the rear chromo shafts this afternoon and changed the diff fluid. The drain plug magnet had more shavings than I expected, although this is the first time the fluid had been changed.

Getting some squeaking from the front pass side. Wheel bearings are brand new so I?m thinking u-joint possibly. May pull the trigger on RCVs at some point in the near future.

Just got the JK back from gear install. Super easy to reset the computer with the JScan app and WiFi OBD. Just waiting on the wheels and tires which are still on back order.. 🤦🏽???

Well this is a pleasant surprise. Overall quadratec was great to work with, just a little hiccup on shipment notification. I will get these installed later today. Going to run a synergy 1.5? spacer in the rear and run it lock to lock in the front before purchasing front spacers.

Also, since getting the gears installed I?ve noticed a harmonic vibration between 50-60mph. After that it smooths out to a point where I can barely feel it. It feels similar to a driveshaft vibe that I had in my TJ before ordering an SYE/ DC shaft.

Attachments

• 009579E1-B416-4945-9544-178B971F0B0A.webp
    009579E1-B416-4945-9544-178B971F0B0A.webp
    191.3 KB · Views: 41
Chopped down the rubi rails to avoid rubbing. Also tried tracking down the vibration today. Re-torqued the front TC pinion nut, then removed the rear DS. Vibe went away removing the rear DS so I will likely order a new Adam?s shaft.. my gear installer will also be rechecking his work in a couple weeks.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine