The Project... barely.

Anyone with a JK ever had their rear body mount just spin? Doing a little precautionary work by adding anti-seize to all body mount bolts and it?s just spinning. I guess that?s what I get for thinking I can get ahead of the never ending jeep issues

Well, the flag nut welds broke off and there was no other way to remove it. 1.25? hole saw on the inside of the tub and I was able to remove. Found a ground squirrel nest inside my body mount 😂

Hole will be filled with a rubber grommet

Repair photos
1. Access hole on passenger side. Hole had to be big enough for a 24mm socket. Rubber grommet will be added so that I am able to access when needed.
2.  Driver side rear body bolt. Absolutely insane how much corrosion is present. This Jeep has very little rust and hasn?t been driven the past two winters.
3. Surprise treasures found inside the body cavity. Damn ground squirrels.

Surface shield will be applied inside all accessible body cavities to prevent rust.

Attachments

• 2F78BFEF-058F-4A55-8880-1E9C0104C98E.webp
    2F78BFEF-058F-4A55-8880-1E9C0104C98E.webp
    219.1 KB · Views: 5
  • A585F6BB-264F-4259-8822-79BE33B6C4E9.webp
    A585F6BB-264F-4259-8822-79BE33B6C4E9.webp
    92.5 KB · Views: 7
  • E7031E8F-E961-43B9-8AAF-46162827439B.webp
    E7031E8F-E961-43B9-8AAF-46162827439B.webp
    132.5 KB · Views: 5
A.  You need to move from IL.
B.  You need to buy a Jeep from me that came from somewhere other than the Midwest.
C.  You need to send me all those control arms and track bars.
D.  I can't think of anything else of real value.

green50gt said:
A.  You need to move from IL.
B.  You need to buy a Jeep from me that came from somewhere other than the US.
C.  You need to send me all those control arms and track bars.
D.  I can't think of anything else of real value.

A. I am in Ohio now.. not much better 🫠
B. I am interested in the 03 Khaki or 03 Black. Wife wants table saw and jointer to be purchased next. House project are awaiting.
C. Refer to above. I need another project, or a few, in my life.
D. ??

G Beasley said:
I have one Northern Jeep ( Ruffy) and its not terrible. I feel bad for all of y'all up North.

Honestly this one isn't too bad all things considered. It?s a ?15 with very minimal surface rust, which was virtually all cleaned up in the last two years. I have seen some terrible jeeps up here, even my TJ was pretty darn bad.

Sorry I am an idiot, I meant to say MIDWEST, not US.  Fixed.  Fail.

So I don't get it...  on insta you dont post Jeep pics, but here you only have ever posted Jeep pics.  Post some pics of that fam!  Oh, and post more Jeep pics too

Anybody good with 12v installs? Rear camera works with key turned on, although ?no camera detected? is showing when the vehicle is running. Stumped here

Update: Still no luck. I tried tapping into other 12v sources, including the designated red 12v accessory wiring and same issue. Camera shows up clear as day with the key turned to ACC and ON - both when in reverse and manually clicking the camera button on the head unit. No camera detected with the vehicle running.

Wtf 🤬

Okay last update. It works. Spent hours researching how my wiring could have been wrong, watching YouTube, etc. Finally found an old video with 181 views (so of course it was buried at the bottom of the algorithm), outlining the same issue. Disconnected the ground wire on the camera and it works perfect. Hallelujah

https://youtu.be/CIrMOiKVntc

moredock_31 said:
Okay last update. It works. Spent hours researching how my wiring could have been wrong, watching YouTube, etc. Finally found an old video with 181 views (so of course it was buried at the bottom of the algorithm), outlining the same issue. Disconnected the ground wire on the camera and it works perfect. Hallelujah
Nice find!  I would?ve added my two cents but I had no answer for your issue!

badmonkey said:
Seems weird but if it works!

Agreed, I thought it was odd as well. Time will tell.

Photo of unit installed. Pretty clean finish I think! I converted the old cigarette lighter to a USB port for Apple CarPlay.

Attachments

• 1778D630-CF31-40B9-8500-0D5EB83E7199.webp
    1778D630-CF31-40B9-8500-0D5EB83E7199.webp
    75.1 KB · Views: 11

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine