The Project... barely.

Quick photo with the tires installed 👏🏽

Attachments

• B5F6026D-93BA-4206-A4D0-1653470D9748.webp
    B5F6026D-93BA-4206-A4D0-1653470D9748.webp
    309.8 KB · Views: 48
moredock_31 said:
I can feel it in the seat ? is that typical of gears?

No , somethings out of spec from the sounds of it. Mine is a wave that tightens up the frequency the faster you drive.  You feel it and while it?s annoying it?s slight and and mostly in the floorboards.

G Beasley said:
No , somethings out of spec from the sounds of it. Mine is a wave that tightens up the frequency the faster you drive.  You feel it and while it?s annoying it?s slight and and mostly in the floorboards.

New Adam?s rear shaft ordered, so hopefully that helps out. The Rzeppa joints didn?t seem bad in the stock shaft, but I planned to replace at some point anyway.

Annual check-in. Recently picked up a Motobilt hatchet front bumper, crusher rear bumper, and badlands 12k winch. Not too many options for a rear frame chop with an integrated hitch that I trust. I wish poison spyder still offered their bumper (BFH 2) with the cut-out. Oh well, likely installing in the next couple weeks.

Side note - for those who don't know, I enjoy woodworking (e.g., tables, floating mantles, etc.) and I'll be getting my garage shop setup in Ohio shortly. All electrical has been run including a 50a circuit for my welder. Need to freshen up on those skills!

Lastly, the wife and I welcomed our beautiful baby girl on 6/21. Life has been a little wild lately.

moredock_31 said:
Annual check-in. Recently picked up a Motobilt hatchet front bumper, crusher rear bumper, and badlands 12k winch. Not too many options for a rear frame chop with an integrated hitch that I trust. I wish poison spyder still offered their bumper (BFH 2) with the cut-out. Oh well, likely installing in the next couple weeks.

Side note - for those who don't know, I enjoy woodworking (e.g., tables, floating mantles, etc.) and I'll be getting my garage shop setup in Ohio shortly. All electrical has been run including a 50a circuit for my welder. Need to freshen up on those skills!

Lastly, the wife and I welcomed our beautiful baby girl on 6/21. Life has been a little wild lately.

Congrats on the new human!!!

moredock_31 said:

And are you Mr. Moredock on insta?  If yes you need more Jeep pics.

moredock_31 said:
Si senor. Agreed, definitely need more jeep pics. I'll get one up sooner or later!

Ok good!  I mean I saw the chili pepper red TJ in a pic, but otherwise I wasn?t real sure outside of the screw name.  Ugh. 

Not too much new this way.  Recently installed an excessive industries gatekeeper in the back of the JK.

Upgrades on the distant horizon - ball joint eliminators, RCVs, and PSC kit.

Does anyone use balance beads in their tires? Trying to smooth out a slight shimmy at highway speeds.

moredock_31 said:
Does anyone use balance beads in their tires?

Hey Ryan! Great to "see" you around! Hope all is well for you!

I can't offer a direct answer to your question as I've never done it myself. What I can say is they are/were popular in the Suzuki crowd. People seemed to have success with them. I recall someone saying BBs are not the best substitute if you dislike hearing them settle at a stop.  [laugh]. Some said airsoft beads work fine. I have no idea if "real" balance beads come in material choices but it's worth bearing in mind if you try it. 

badmonkey said:
Hey Ryan! Great to "see" you around! Hope all is well for you!

I can't offer a direct answer to your question as I've never done it myself. What I can say is they are/were popular in the Suzuki crowd. People seemed to have success with them. I recall someone saying BBs are not the best substitute if you dislike hearing them settle at a stop.  [laugh]. Some said airsoft beads work fine. I have no idea if "real" balance beads come in material choices but it's worth bearing in mind if you try it.

Thank you, sir! Appreciate the insight. I may try them out and report back.

Cleaned up the front and rear axles, wheel wells, and undercarriage. Spraying surface shield this week in preparation for winter. Don?t know why I?ve never done it before but won?t be skipping in the future

BTW - I have a ton of TJ parts. All MC arms, front and rear track bar, Timken unit bearings, and BMB pads and rotors. I either need to sell them or buy a new TJ/LJ. [member=342]green50gt[/member] whatcha got for sale?

moredock_31 said:
Cleaned up the front and rear axles, wheel wells, and undercarriage. Spraying surface shield this week in preparation for winter. Don?t know why I?ve never done it before but won?t be skipping in the future

BTW - I have a ton of TJ parts. All MC arms, front and rear track bar, Timken unit bearings, and BMB pads and rotors. I either need to sell them or buy a new TJ/LJ. [member=342]green50gt[/member] whatcha got for sale?
Interested in the BMB pads and rotors.  Are they new?

moredock_31 said:

05 Blue Arizona LJ that's a basket case.  03 Khaki Texas TJ Sahara with 42k miles.  03 Black Cali TJ Sport with 140K.  97 Blue Arizona TJ 72k miles 4 cylinder 5 speed.

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine