? Rear LSD (OEM) added by previous owner

Brakes:

? C/K 1500 front brake lines
? Dakota rear brake line

Exterior:

? Dirtbound Manta Ray Winch Bumper with grille guard hoop
? Dirtbound Mojave Cut and Fold Rear Bumper with tire carrier
? 35x12.5R15 KM3
? OEM Ravine wheels with 1.75" spacers (effective 3.75" backspacing)

Interior:

? Pioneer DEH-25120BT
? Rugged Ridge Inclinometer - 13309.02
? Custom plaid headliner (fancy fancy)
? Dash trim painted red (thank you PO for this excellent addition)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys,

I've been told by others (looking at you [member=61]Mulvihill64[/member] [member=670]Chris A[/member] [member=587]kingpin1094[/member] [member=401]Rainman77[/member]) that I should join Jeep Owner and make a build thread. My first car was an 01 XJ that I built and sold just over 4 years ago (pic below). Finally done with school and able to afford two cars, so I just picked up this 00 XJ. 136k on the clock (she's a baby) and a very clean body (only has rust on one rear quarter). Already ordered a Dirtbound Manta Ray winch bumper w/ grille guard so I can get some front recovery going. Jeep came with 235s and a 3" Rough Country lift that rides like garbage, so those will be going soon too. Plan is 4.5" lift, cavfab 3 link, and 35s.

Old Jeep:
6cwuXq9.jpg

New Jeep:
KZsWQZY.jpg

TexNVA date=1568301012 said:
I like the xj. but I also like nice looking subie in back. shoot some moar pics of that too!

Oh what have you unleashed.... Now you'll see the FoXT gang that [member=673]Teej[/member]? created too

TexNVA said:
I like the xj. but I also like nice looking subie in back. shoot some moar pics of that too!

Tyvanwie said:
Love a nice fozzy let's see it

Ask and you shall receive. 😉

Has a full 05 STI driveline controlled by MapDCCD. Makes about 300whp. Fun car!

Link to its build thread: https://www.subaruforester.org/threads/tjs-04-forester-xt.607801/

Z4GTuUG.jpg

nUvHlaY.jpg

Rainman77 said:
Oh what have you unleashed.... Now you'll see the FoXT gang that [member=673]Teej[/member]? created too

Fozz gang is best gang. This is a fact.

kingpin1094 said:
Fozzy + XJ = 100% reliability

Known fact.

Rucas said:
That?s cumulative, right? 50% from each? [laugh]

So far, no. Fozz was a reliable daily for me for over four years before I picked up this XJ, and it will still be my daily. I'd say it's 99.9% reliability from the Fozz and 0.1% from the Jeep. lol

Put a new radio in for bluetooth and aux. Really noticing how garbage the stock speakers are. Def gotta get some new ones.

5gOXPDA.jpg

G Beasley said:
Hail Stan and a red surround  😱

The previous owner painted the surround red. It actually came out decently I think. I like that it breaks up the blackness of the interior. And yes, Hail Stan indeed.

TexNVA said:
the red surround just ties it to the subie. style points.
read the thread on the subie. awesome build.

Yeah, I think it's funny that I ended up with 2 red cars. Kind of like it that way since they match. And technically, they're both wagons lol. Glad you like the Subie, it's been a looooooot of work getting it where it is.

Went to drive the Jeep to work today, started it up, heard a LOUD belt squeal, then it stopped and I had no power steering and my voltage gauge showed 9V. Seems like the serpentine belt took a shit. Going to diagnose after work. The last time I drove it the A/C was weaker than usual so I'm hoping the A/C compressor clutch isn't seized... we'll see.

Teej said:
Went to drive the Jeep to work today, started it up, heard a LOUD belt squeal, then it stopped and I had no power steering and my voltage gauge showed 9V. Seems like the serpentine belt took a shit. Going to diagnose after work. The last time I drove it the A/C was weaker than usual so I'm hoping the A/C compressor clutch isn't seized... we'll see.

This happened to me a while back.  In my case, the alternator has seized.  Happy hunting!

Belt snapped, a/c compressor pulley won't spin at all. This same thing happened with my last XJ. Guess it's new a/c compressor time. From what I remember the cost of swapping the pulley doesn't end up being much cheaper than just getting a new compressor.

I decided to pull apart the clutch on my a/c pulley before buying a new compressor to see if I could save some money. No pics since I always forget to take pics, but I discovered some interesting things. First, someone has definitely pulled this apart before (or tried to). My first indication was that there was one shim remaining behind the clutch (I think stock there's 4?). My next indication was bits of broken snap ring pliers stuck in the first snap ring. I was able to clean it all out and get it fully apart. The compressor itself seems good since the shaft spins smooth. The bearing on the pulley was totally fucked and made all sorts of lovely grindy noises when I spun it off the shaft. The clutch didn't look great either, but probably functioned fine... either way I ordered a replacement clutch kit. Figure I can save myself the cost of recharging the system by not replacing the whole a/c compressor. Hopefully this cures my issue so I can get back to driving it!

https://www.helpavetshine.us/help-a-vet-shine